Kenmore 158.1357 Sewing Machine Instruction Manual.
This manual is available here- Kenmore sewing machine manual
Stitch width control.
Special stitch dial.
Reverse stitch control.
Thread tension adjustment.
Multi purpose needle plate.
Feed dog control.
52 page complete instruction manual.
Kenmore 158.1357 Sewing Machine Instruction Manual
Kenmore models: 158.1357, 158.13570, 158.13571, 158.13572, 158.13573 Instruction/Owners manual.
Winding the bobbin
1. Release clutch by turning clutch knob towards you.
2. Draw thread from spool through bobbin winder tension discs.
3. Pull end of thread through hole in bobbin.
4. Place bobbin onto bobbin winder shaft with end of thread coming from the top of the bottom. Push bobbin winder latch against bobbin until it clicks. Holding on to end of thread, start machine. When bobbin is slightly filled, snip off end of thread.
5. Start machine. wind thread until bobbin winder latch releases.
6. Tighten clutch knob and remove bobbin.
Top tension control
Probably the most important control on your machine is the one that regulates your top thread tension.
It consists of discs between which the thread passes.
The pressure on these disks is regulated by turning the dial on the front of the control. The higher the number, the higher the tension.
There are many reasons for having to reset your attention. The best tension for one fabric may not be correct for another.
The required tension depends upon the stiffness of the fabric, thickness of the fabric, number of layers of fabric being sewn, as well as the type of stitch you are making.
It is best to test the stitching on a scrap of fabric you are using before starting to make a garment.
A perfect straight Stitch will have threads locked between the two layers of fabric with no loops on the top or bottom.
If the upper thread is too tight and a loop appears on the top of the fabric, you need to decrease upper tension.
When the upper thread is too loose and a loop appears at the bottom of the fabric you should increase the upper tension.
More sewing machine manuals are available here-
We are a family run business serving the sewing community for over 10 years.
Have fun sewing!
Let us know if you need a manual for your machine.