Kenmore 158.17570-17571-17572 Sewing Machine Instruction Manual.
Threading the machine.
Threading top tension.
Feed dog control.
Multi purpose needle plate.
Seam guide lines.
Reverse stitch designs.
59 page instruction manual.
Kenmore 158.17570-17571-17572 Sewing Machine Instruction Manual
Winding the bobbin
1. Draw thread from spool through bobbin winder tension disc.
2. Wind thread around an empty bobbin several times.
3. Place bobbin onto bobbin winder shaft with thread wound on bobbin clockwise. Push bobbin winder latch against bobbin until it clicks.
4. Release clutch by pulling hand wheel as shown in figure 4.
Start machine, holding on to end of thread.
5. When bobbin is slightly filled, released end of thread.
When bobbin is full, winding mechanism stops.
6. Push in hand wheel to return to switching position.
Threading the bobbin case
1. To remove bobbin from the shuttle, raised needle to its highest position.
Remove hand hole cover plate.
2. Pull open latch of bobbin case.
3. Pull bobbin case straight out of shuttle.
4. Insert bobbin into bobbin case making sure thread is coming from bobbin as shown.
5. Pull thread through slot of case as shown.
6. Pull thread under tension spring.
7. Holding latch open, position case into shuttle, and release latch.
Case should lock into place when latch is released.
8. Hold needle thread loosely in the left hand and rotate handwheel towards you one complete turn.
Bring bobbin thread up by pulling upper thread.
Threading of top thread
Place thread on spool pin as shown with thread coming from back of the spool.
Draw thread through the top threading tube.
Holding the spool stationary with right hand, pull the end of the thread between the tension discs as shown.
Pull the spring wire loop up and past the top hook until the thread can be slipped into hook see figure 2.
When the thread is released the spring wire loop will return to position figure 3 with thread in proper place.
Release spool of thread and hook thread into take up lever as shown in figure 4.
Continue to thread machine exactly as shown.
Needle must always be threaded in direction as shown in figure 5.
More sewing machine manuals are available here-
We are a family run business serving the sewing community for over 10 years.
Have fun sewing!
Let us know if you need a manual for your machine.