Singer 534 Stylist Sewing Machine Instruction Manual.
Choosing needle and thread.
Adjusting thread tension.
Principal parts and what they do.
Accessories and when to use them.
Flexi-Stitch disk patterns.
Cleaning and oiling machine.
72 page instruction manual.
Winding the bobbin – Singer 534 Stylist Sewing Machine Instruction Manual
Press hand wheel disc at bobbin symbol.
Open slide plate. Draw plate toward you to make bobbin accessible.
Lift out the bobbin and close slide plate to make sure the needle plate is secure while winding.
Place thread spool on spool pin over felt. Lead thread around bobbin winder tension disc and through small hole in bobbin from the inside.
Place bobbin on holder and turn bobbin winder switch to wind.
Hold thread and start the machine, winding at moderate speed.
Cut off thread when winding is well under way.
When required amount of threat has been wound (winding will stop by itself when bobbin is full), stop the machine and cut connecting thread.
Turn bobbin winder switch to SEW and remove bobbin from holder.
Press hand wheel disc for sewing.
Threading the bobbin case
1. Open slide plate. Hold bobbin and so that the thread unwinds in direction shown, and put bobbin into bobbin case
2. Pull thread into notch, draw under tension spring and back into slot.
3. Draw about three inches of thread diagonally across the bobbin.
4. Close slide plate allowing thread to enter slot between the needle plate and slide plate.
Threading the needle
1. Turn hand wheel to raise take up lever to its highest position, and raise the presser foot to release the tension discs.
2. Lead thread through all points are shown, making sure to:
3. Hold thread as Illustrated while guiding thread into tension discs.
4. Thread tension discs as Illustrated.
5. Thread take up lever from back to front, guiding thread down over top of lever and then up into eyelet.
6. Thread needle from front to back, drawing about four inches of thread through eye of needle.