The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) Employer job In Demand Skills Stream gives foreign workers with a job offer in a target occupation the opportunity to live and work permanently in Ontario.
The Employer job In Demand Skills Pilot allows the OINP to nominate individuals who have the required work experience to help them successfully establish and integrate into Ontario’s labour market and communities.
Applicants can only apply if they have received a permanent and full-time job offer from an Ontario employer, meet all eligibility criteria, and have an Employer Form completed by the prospective employer.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to apply to the Ontario In Demand Skills Pilot Stream, an applicant must have a job offer signed by him or herself and an Ontario employer that meets the following criteria:
• Is a permanent and full-time job offer in an eligible occupation.
• Meets the prevailing wage in Ontario for that occupation. If the applicant is already working in the position, the employer is required to meet prevailing requirements and pay a wage that is equal to or greater than the current wage.
Foreign worker requirements
• Work Experience: Have 12 months of cumulative work experience in Ontario obtained within the 36 months before the date of the application to the OINP. The work experience must be paid, full-time (at least 1,560 hours per year) or the equivalent amount in part-time in Ontario, and must be in an eligible occupation (see above). Note: seasonal work experience is not eligible to meet the work experience requirement.
• Education: Have completed the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school (high school) education or above, as demonstrated by a valid Educational Credential Assessment.
• Valid certificate or licence: Have a valid certificate or license at the time of application for any work experience claimed in an occupation that requires certification or licensing.
• Language: Have an English or a French-language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or above in all language competencies (reading, writing, listening, and speaking).
• Settlement Funds: Have sufficient funds and/or income in Ontario to cover the settlement costs.
For more information visit our website