I have for sale an Orange Clockwork Evo RS that I purchased new, from the only USA Orange distributor, Aventuron. I had the bike delivered to a local bike shop, for assembly and prep, and picked up on October 28, 2017. This is an exceptional hardtail, with only 425 miles (Strava). Unfortunately, I recently learned, during a multi-hour comprehensive fitting at Spokesman Bicycles in Santa Cruz, that the geometry of the bike doesn't fit my body. Due to knee pain caused by a too steep seattube angle, I can no longer ride this bike. The Evo RS is the top-of-the-line 2017 Clockwork from Orange, a boutique-ish bike company in the UK. This bike's last ride was June 2nd, and will not be ridden until sold. I rode this bike from approx. all of Nov through all of May, for an average of approx. 60 miles per month.
During the first week of June, the bike received a drivetrain, brake and dropper service by Spokesman Bicycles in Santa Cruz. The bike hasn't been ridden since this service was completed.
The retail cost of this bike, including freight, final assembly and the SQlab saddle, is $4,700 (excludes sales tax). My price of $2,800 represents a 40% discount - a very fair number for the buyer. Any requests for a lower offer will be ignored.
The Orange website says that a Large fits 5'9" to 6'1". I'm 6'1/2", but have longer than average upper legs.
All items marked as (upgrade) are optional upgrades on the stock Clockwork Evo RS, and are installed on this bike.
- frame is a size Large
- frame is custom-butted 6061-T6 aluminum, Charcoal Grey in color (upgrade), w/ cyan blue vinyl decals (upgrade)
- Fox Factory 34 Kashima 130mm fork (boost) (upgrade)
- Race Face ARC 30 rims (brushed black anodized welded 6061 aluminum w/ cyan blue vinyl decals) (upgrade)
- Maxxis High Roller II tubeless 2.4" front / 2.3" rear tires
- Hope Pro 4 hubs, black (upgrade)
- SRAM Maxle Ultimate thru axle
- Hope bottom bracket, crank arms and chainring (30t) (upgrade)
- SRAM NX shifters, rear derailleur and cassette (10-42t, 11 speed)
- SRAM PCX-1 chain
- SRAM Level T brakes
- Avid CenterLine rotors 180mm (front/rear)
- Cane Creek headset
- Race Face Aeffect dropper seat post
- Dropper remote from KS LEV Integra (brand-new, no use)
- Renthal Apex 35 (50mm) stem
- Renthal Fatbar 35 bars (20mm raise, 760mm)
- Renthal Ultra-Tacky grips
- SDG Strange Bel Air 2.0 saddle
- Also includes like-new mint SQlab 611 ERGOWAVE active carbon saddle (paid $270)
- Strange quick release seat clamp
- no pedals (removed to be used for my replacement bike)
- Shimano Optislik shifter cable and Shimano SP41 housing (brand-new, no use)
This bike is truly in mint condition.
I prefer local pick up, but will ship as long as buyer covers costs. Would ship through local bike shop, that provides professional shipping services.