Local pick-up preferred, but will ship at the buyer’s expense
Kingston – Books 15 – IMG_7161
Authors; Hillary Rich and Heliana Laks Kravitz, M.D.
Throughout the life cycle, from birth to death, relationships mold and define who we are. For many of us, our most important relationships can have a far-reaching impact on our personal happiness and success in life. As we mature, it usually becomes clear that there is no single, flawless, perfect individual who can meet our every need. Ultimately, our desire for love and companionship leads to a new understanding whereby our strengths and weaknesses find those of another and, through work, can form a nurturing relationship.
A good marriage can be the foundation of a happy, content life. Unfortunately, the opposite is also true; a troubled marriage may be a significant source of stress and hardship. In fact, problems with relationships are frequent reasons why individuals seek help from, mental health professionals.
Learning how to have a great marriage doesn’t have to make you feel like an idiot!
You're no idiot, of course. You negotiate successfully with your boss for a raise, work out problems with your neighbors, and even manage to talk to the kids about the birds and bees. But when it comes to working out problems in your marriage, you feel like you're speaking a foreign language. Don't give up yet! The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Perfect Marriage takes the anxiety out of working on your marriage. Feel confident discussing sex, money, even the in-laws! In this Complete Idiot's Guide you get:
- Down-tp-earth strategies for improving your communications skills.
- Idiot-proof steps for dealing with times of transition, such as moving and career changes.
- Expert advice in easy-to-understand format.
- Plenty of quizzes and exercises to help you along the way.
Discover the best ways to…
- Deal with infidelity.
- Make time for your spouse and your children.
- Work through addictive problems such as alcohol or drug abuse.
- Keep your marriage strong even when one of you is ill.
- Find outside help if you can’t get beyond your problems.
- Plan your future together so that you both feel like you are with your soul mate.
Contents by Chapter (in brief)
Part 1: You Can Have the Marriage You Want…..1
- Profile of the Perfect Marriage…..3
- Obstacles to a Perfect Marriage…..13
- Making the Ordinary Extraordinary…..21
- Keeping the Passion Alive…..29
Part 2: Tools for Success…..39
- Two-Way Communication…..41
- It’s Just a Matter of Time…..51
- What’s Bugging You?.....59
- We Can Work It Out…..69
- I’m Sorry…That’s All I Can Say…..79
Part 3: Daily Hurdles…..87
- …For Richer, For Poorer…..89
- Money Management…..99
- My Pillow Is Your Pillow…..109
- Domestic Drudgery…..119
- I Married You, Not Your Whole Family…..127
Part 4: We’re a Family Now…..139
- Planning the Unplannable…..141
- And Baby Makes Three…..151
- Parenting as Partners…..161
Part 5: Transitions…..171
- Employed, Unemployed, Reemployed…..173
- Home Away from Home…..185
- When Those You Looked Up to Look Up to You…..197
- Second Chances…..207
Part 6: Bridge Over Troubled Waters…..217
- …in Sickness and In Health…..219
- Just One More…..229
- Help! We Need Somebody…..251
Part 7: Planning Your Future Together…..259
- We Have a Dream…..261
- Soul Mates…..269
Appendix A: Case Studies…..275
Appendix B: Quizzes…..287
Paperback 322 pages ISBN: 0-02-861729-0