Local pick-up preferred (please call firs), but will ship at the buyers expense.
Kingston -- Books 2 -- IMG_1095
Authors: Jacob Millman, Ph.D.; Christos, Ph.D.
Illustrated; charts and graphs
Contents by chapter
1. Energy Bands in Solids
2. Transport Phenomena in Semiconductors
3. Junction Diode Characteristics
4. Diode Circuits
5. Transistor Characteristics
6. Digital Circuits
7. Integrated Circuits: Fabrication and Characteristics
8. The Transistor at Low Frequencies
9. Transistor Biasing and Thermal Stabilization
10. Field-effect Transistors
11. The Transistor at High Frequencies
12. Multistage Amplifiers
13. Feedback Amplifiers
14. Stability and Oscillators
15. Operational Amplifiers
16. Integrated Circuits as Analog System Building blocks
17. Integrated Circuits as Digital System Building Blocks
18. Power Circuits and Systems
19. Semiconductor-device Physics
A Probable Values of General Physical Constants
B Conversion Factors and Prefixes
This book was written primarily as a text for first course in electronics for electrical engineering students. It should also be of interest to physics majors and to practicing engineers and scientists who wish to update their knowledge of semiconductor electronics and, particularly, of integrated electronics
This university textbook could be considered to sit somewhere between Dr. Malvino's Electronic Principles (college level approach and easier to grasp) and Dr. Giacoletto's Electronic Designers' Handbook (university to PhD / advanced designer level and with equations from one side of the page to the other).
Dr. Millman does introduce simplifications since accurate models of solid state behavior involve complex physics.
Be prepared to work hard.
Discusses and analyzes OpAmps and some IC and digital with / but mostly an emphasis on discrete component designs.
If you want to avoid the inherent shortcuts that IC chips provide in circuit design and so gain a first class grasp of how to analyze and design circuits that work, this is a first class text.
Hardcover. 911 pages. ISBN: 07-042315-6