GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Performs the day-to-day activities of buffing, finishing, carpet cleaning and other cleaning tasks in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations to assure that the facilities are maintained in a clean, safe and comfortable manner.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Due to job site requirements, U.S. citizenship required.
- Must pass background check.
- Minimum two years of job related experience preferred.
- Stripping, Finishing, Buffing for office buildings, laboratories, and/or related areas.
- Auto scrubbing floors.
- Use of high performance machinery.
- Extract carpet.
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily schedules.
- Spot cleaning carpets.
- Utilize the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedures.
- Operate and maintain all equipment correctly and safely.
- Observe safety precautions at all times, use safety signs “wet floor”, “caution” and any others.
- Before end of shift, recheck all areas to ensure proper order, cleanliness and completion of waste disposal.
- Ability to work without normal supervision.
- Reports all incidents, accidents, hazardous conditions or equipment to supervisors immediately.
- Proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals.
- Wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment at all times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The job duties require an employee to bend, reach, and stand and walk for extended period of time. Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs, as needed. Repetitive use of hands, wrist, arms, and legs. Including climbing stairs and ladders.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good client/customer service skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to work independently as needed to support group efforts.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products or willing to learn.
- Attendance/ Punctuality is consistent at work and on time.
Applicant must provide proof of work authorization, and complete an I9 and eVerify process.
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 5:00 pm-2:00 am. Flexibility to work extended hours and on the weekends is required.
For further information, please contact Denise Ruiz at 858-444-2290 ext. 226.