Are your deck boards looking old and worn, with cracks, splinters, protruding nail heads, or knotholes? If so, then it is time to invest in refinishing its surface so that you can fall in love again with your outdoor space. Call us at Genesis Pro Painting for a free estimate to review your deck refinishing and staining options in Westchester, NY.
After assessing if your deck is structurally sound, we power wash and sand the surface if necessary to smooth out spalls, fissures and other imperfections. Unsafe conditions are corrected – including removing splinters, shoring railings or replacing nails with deck screws where appropriate.
Next, we confer with you to achieve your preferred aesthetics and functionality using an appropriate deck stain or coating:
- - Should the stain be clear, transparent, semi-transparent, semi-solid or solid?
- - Oil or water based?
- - Waterproof, water repellant or breathable?
- - Does it need to be mildew resistant?
- - Color options and opacity?
- - UV protection?
- - Durability?
- - How prominently should the wood grain appear?
- - Railing to be the same color or different one from flooring?
- - Deck color to match or contrast with home?
- -Non slip requirement?
- - Extra protection needed due to high traffic?
- - Additional elements, such as built in storage, chairs, tubs, or pergola to match?
For example, a clear deck sealer has the benefit of displaying the wood grain best but may last only 1 - 3 years. The heaviest coating, typically a water-based solid deck stain, does the most to fill in wood imperfections but completely masks the grain while offering longer protection. If your deck area gets a lot of sunlight, you’d be advised to avoid dark colors that absorb more heat and may become too hot to walk on barefoot during the warmer months. Certain coverings are best paired with deck washes recommended by the manufacturers, so we advise on how best to maintain your investment once our deck refinishing service in Westchester, NY, is complete.
Visit our website for more details or call us now at (914) 215 5457