We are an Asphalt Company seeking a Tack Truck Operator to join our team! This is an immediate hire position. Please see the following requirements below before applying.
Fulltime position spraying various asphalt-based tack coats before paving operations to help asphalt adhere to the road.
**MUST HAVE A CLASS B COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE WITH TANKER**
Asphalt Distributor Operator
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently while adhering to all company and safety policy and procedure requirements.
- Drives and operates distributor truck equipped with tank to spray emulsions on road surfaces.
- Regulate burner to heat liquid and start auxiliary pump.
- Snap or screw on spray bars to attain required width of spray.
- Turn valves to regulate flow of material at specific rates and adjust levers in order to adjust the height from the road surface.
- Must monitor flow, tachometer and temperature gauges to ensure uniform distribution.
- Responsible for performing daily safety checks and maintaining equipment is in proper and safe working order while reporting any repair needs to the supervisor.
- Must understand and be able to execute the different emulsions.
- Work long, flexible hours as demanded by our customers including nights, weekends, and work outside for extended periods during all seasons of the year.
- Some out of town overnight stays may be required.
- Perform additional duties as required or directed by their immediate supervisor or other manager.
- Skilled operator on paving equipment – paver, screed, roller, tack truck, etc.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance of equipment
- Normal start time 6:30 am however flexible hours required, Some night work
- Work well with team but also with minimum supervision
- Performs work in a safe and efficient manner
- Willing to acquire other training as needed, i.e. flagger training
- Willing to acquire training and duties of other crew positions as needed
- Deals with co-workers, customer, and public in a respectful manner
- Incorporates accident prevention and corrective measures in all activities
- Reliable transportation to and from the Conover Plant location
- Some high school: high school or GED preferred.
- Hazmat Certification
- CDL License
- Minimum 2 years' experience required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Must have 1-year CDL driving experience.