Real Jobs, Real Green! Consider a career with Waste Management!
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. Get your foot in the door to an awesome future with Waste Management. Grow your career! Grow your network! Grow with Waste Management! We are hiring a Senior Hazardous Waste Material Handler in Sulphur, LA with a $2000 Special Bonus!
The Senior Hazardous Waste Material Handler performs general operations activities and labor duties in any of the following treatment/disposal units: Drum Process, Landfill, Stabilization, Biotreatment, Macro-encapsulation, Waste Water Treatment, and Waste Sampling departments managing hazardous and non-hazardous waste streams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
Tank Farm Operators / Bio Treatment / Arsenic F039 Leachate Treatment Unit
- Monitors FO39 Leachate tank levels, overfill protection devices, and transfers water from tank to tank and to tanker trucks as necessary for off-site shipments of FO39 leachate.
- Fill in for other positions (Hazardous Cell Mapper, Hazardous Waste Material Sampler) when required.
- Monitors alarms, panel board, bar graphs, and motorized valves on each FO39 leachate tank daily.
- Fill out appropriate documents as required, including shift log detailing level in each FO 39 leachate tank and any liquids entering or leaving tank farm.
- Inspects all hoses, valves, pumps, cracks in floors, containment walls, and drip pans daily.
- Monitor rainwater that falls inside the containment area and pump into proper tank.
- Orders reagent for Bio/Arsenic FO39 Leachate treatment unit as needed to operate unit.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
When you are a part of the Waste Management family, you join a team of the best in the industry - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our employees earn a competitive pay, great benefits - including a 401K plan, and opportunities for growth.
If you or someone you know has what it takes to join the Waste Management family, please apply today.
Waste Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran