Safety Engineer (SSHO)
Location: Ft. Leonard Wood, MO
Pls. apply online at: https://www.silverlake-construction.com/
Silver Lake Construction, LLC is seeking a qualified Safety Engineer - Site Safety, Health Officer (SSHO) who is responsible for providing health and safety inspection and oversight on construction projects. The Safety Engineer is responsible for producing, implementing, and enforcing an Accident Prevention Plan (APP) for the assigned job site, in accordance with the Safety and Health Program. The Safety Engineer is on-duty when work is being performed, overseeing, and managing project construction crews, and ensuring that all personnel are following proper safety rules and regulations. The Safety Engineer will work very closely with the Director of Corporate Safety & Field Training.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend pre-work meetings and produce job-specific APP and Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs), in accordance with Safety and Health Program.
- Work as member of the project team, including sub-contractors, to ensure implementation and continuous monitoring and enforcement of the provisions of the project APP and AHAs.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with all applicable OSHA requirements and regulations, and other applicable regulations.
- Conduct regular site inspections, recording all violations and noting what remediation needs to occur to keep the project moving safely.
- Prepare comprehensive reports of safety inspections and complete all safety related documentation and paperwork.
- Coordinate response to on-site emergencies, and interface with off-site and on-site emergency response entities.
- Conduct safety training, including new employee orientation or refresher training, and on-the-spot training to all personnel.
- Work with the management team to develop new safety policies, refine existing policies, modify design requirements, and draft construction-related specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) years’ of Construction Industry safety experience on similar projects in supervising or managing general or industry construction (managing safety programs or processes or conducting hazard analyses and developing controls).
- Maintained experience through having taken 24 hours of documented formal or on-line safety and health related coursework in the past three years. The training must be applicable to the work being performed on the project. Teaching is not considered the equivalent of attending training.
- Safety Engineer shall be able to demonstrate training in the following areas: Personal protective equipment and clothing to include selection, use and maintenance, hazard communication, excavation, scaffolding, fall protection, and confined space.
- OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety Certification (within past 5 years)
- USACE Quality Control Management Certificate
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED Training
- High School Diploma
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor.
- Valid driver’s license with good motor vehicle record.
Preferred Experience, Education, Skills, and Certifications:
- B.S. in Safety Management
- CHST certification
- Ability to train personnel in fall protection, excavation, shoring, scaffolding, and/or confined space
Silver Lake Construction, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.