Prepare approved projects for construction, organize work, provide project cost estimates, and communicate work to construction contractors. Monitor project progress, collect weekly production reports. Perform QC check on completed work.
- Prepare work maps for issuance to contractors.
- Interface with local permitting authorities to ensure work starts on schedule.
- Prepare warehouse Material Request Forms for each project.
- Provide construction estimates for Commercial and Residential projects as assigned.
- Meet with customers onsite to agree on construction path & entry point.
- Performs quality control inspections, and construction on a regular basis to assure quality and recommend additional training as needed.
- Receive completed work in the purchasing system.
- Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 70lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree required; Associates Degree and above preferred.
- Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record required.
- Required - 1 year experience in the Construction environment or equivalent experience.
- General knowledge of telecommunications construction methods and practices.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Access.
- Ability organize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
- Effective communications skills, written and oral.
- Ability to read HFC outside plant system design maps.
- Ability to work in high or tight spaces.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights within safety constraints.