The Construction Safety Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the safety procedures of several different project sites to ensure that corporate health and safety protocols are being followed at all times. The ideal candidate will provide guidance to the project staff and promote effective awareness, knowledge and preparedness. This is a full time position requiring 40 work hours per week. The successful candidate will be required to work on several different project sites. Individual would be required to travel up to 75% of the time and will travel daily to jobsites.
- Enforces compliance regulations with all applicable federal, state and local?legislation and codes governing construction site environmental health and safety.
- Formulates corrective actions with regulatory agencies, staff members, trade contractors and key client personnel.
- Confirms that personnel training and corrective action follow-up is completed.
- Offers feedback in the ongoing development of safety policies and procedures as well as effective implementation of these policies.
- Act as an arbitrator between project teams on issues involving safety and the correction of unsafe conditions and holds managers accountable to corporate safety standards and procedures.
- Utilize behavioral based safety (BBS) practices.
- Undergoes continuing education attending workshops to keep up-to-date on new safety procedures, applicable codes and regulations and also to maintain required level of certification.
- Track and schedule required safety trainings or certification renewals, providing one on one training if necessary as well as scheduling consultative educational training sessions with OSHA and field staff.
- Report and track all OSHA visits and citations.Follow up on corrective actions and report back to OSHA.
- Conducts accident investigation, analysis and?recurrence prevention procedures in order to develop accident investigation reports to track and prevent recurrence of incidents and to ensure information on incidents is shared adequately across the organization.
- Conduct on-site reviews and audits of safety protocol at all jobsites.
- Immediately addresses critical safety concerns arising in the field working with all parties involved to determine a corrective plan of action.
- Report all accidents for proper recordkeeping and report to proper agencies.
- Report all safety violations to onsite project managers, directors and subcontractors following onsite safety visits.
- Report, schedule and track safety trainings and certifications for all staff.
- Order, track and distribute safety supplies.
- Review, provide feedback and upload weekly housekeeping photos to company intranet.
- Update client databases with current safety metrics and data required.
- Assist with regular written reports, metrics, KPIs, etc. as well as other production-related results and updates to the Safety Director.
- Observe and identify unsafe conditions on the jobsite and provide immediate workable solutions to correct conditions.
- Keeps abreast of current information through other learning methods.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree Safety, Construction Management, Project Management or Engineering preferred.
- 1-2 years of field experience required.
- High level of construction knowledge required.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project required.
- OSHA 30 Hour Training required.
- STSC, CHST certifications preferred.
- Procore preferred.
- Experience within Industries including, healthcare, Food and Beverage Manufacturing, Industrial, Energy.
MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER