Real Jobs, Real Green! Consider a career with Waste Management!
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. Get your foot in the door to an awesome future with Waste Management. Grow your career! Grow your network! Grow with Waste Management! We are hiring a CDL Truck Driver (Haz Waste) in Sulphur, LA with a $2000 Special Bonus!
The CDL Truck Driver operates hazardous waste transportation vehicle (e.g., Flatbed or Van Trailers, End Dump, 10-Wheeler and Roll-Off) with skill and proficiency conforming to all rules and regulations required for a Hazardous Material DOT-Licensed commercial hauler. Safely operates a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on commercial routes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates truck safely in heavy traffic and other congested areas.
- Maintains a safe distance between other vehicles and always checks clearance before moving truck.
- Completes daily safety checks and routine cleaning of equipment (i.e., windows, mirrors, etc.).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Performs minor maintenance including, but not limited to, checking and adding fluids, checking tires and safety mechanisms, and performs other maintenance as it relates to vehicle inspection or safe operation.
- Reports all maintenance problems to supervisor and/or other company official.
- Reports all accidents, illnesses, and injuries regardless of how minor they may appear to supervisor or dispatcher immediately.
- Reports all unsafe conditions or hazards, such as low wires, heavy traffic, narrow pathways to supervisor immediately.
- Reports all traffic violations to supervisor immediately.
- Operates hydraulic loading mechanisms on truck.
- Loads, unloads and transports Non-Hazardous / Hazardous material in a safe and efficient manner.
- Packages, labels and manifests RCRA materials as required at sites that do not have individual(s) responsible for this duty.
- Ensures that load is secure prior to transport.
- Takes the shortest and most direct legal truck route to and from assigned work area.
- Does not make any unauthorized stops.
- Wears personal protective equipment (i.e., seat belts, gloves, work boots, safety glasses, etc.).
- Must possess the ability to wear a respirator where certain hazardous conditions are present.
- Communicates and interacts with customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Reviews, signs and maintains appropriate copies of all tickets, trip sheets, shipment records and driver or vehicle maintenance logs.
- Attentive to DOT Hours of Service rules.
- Responds to emergencies that are within the scope of training.
- Cooperates with supervisor, co-workers, and works as a team member.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job description.
- Occasionally works alone when operating truck. In-depth knowledge of DOT rules and regulations required to efficiently perform work tasks. Skills in operating various equipment required to safely perform job. Must be able to manage time effectively to achieve goals and service customers.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
When you are a part of the Waste Management family, you join a team of the best in the industry - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our employees earn a competitive pay, great benefits - including a 401K plan, and opportunities for growth.
If you or someone you know has what it takes to join the Waste Management family, please apply today.
Waste Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran