PLEASE EMAIL UPDATED RESUME DFWTexasStaffing@gmail.com
Responsible for a portion of Boudreau Utility Services Division proposals, estimates, presentations, and recruiting processes. Marketing BUS services both internally and externally. Ideal candidate will have experience in estimating and managing projects requiring wet and dry utilities including experience in gas and electrical. Participate in pre planning meetings with Consultants, Clients, Agency/Utility, contractor, and/or Client representatives. Communicate internally and with field staff to efficiently execute the work. Additionally, the BUS Estimator/Project Manager/s will work as part of a team to ensure all aspects of departmental goals are being achieved.
- Prepare cost estimates assuring that all necessary costs are detailed and included in the estimate; such as management services, equipment and material costs, construction costs, operating costs, and other costs associated with gas, electrical, sewer, water, and storm drain projects for private clients as well as public entities such as PG&E, So Cal Gas, SDGE, HCD
- Complete take-offs of required materials to complete accurate pricing of wet and dry utilities including gas and electric.
- Attend client pre-bid meetings, complete jobsite visits, and keep a record of all verbal information disseminated by the client during the pre-bid meeting and RFQ process.
- Prepare project cost estimate from the client’s RFQ documents and drawings, and any other information learned during the bidding and award process.
- Know and be able to explain details behind each estimate, including the basis of the man-hours allocated for each task, personnel resources needed to execute each task, etc.
- Maintain lines of communications between company departments and client with regard to cost estimating activities.
- Utilize the company approved costing methodology, data and systems to present estimate results in a detailed breakdown format suitable for use by the project team.
- Acts as primary point of contact with the client for project coordination and communications.
- Reviews project deliverables to include drawings, calculations and specifics, and permit applications.
- Directs and plans project meetings, technical reviews and progress updates, both with client and internally.
- Responsible for the coordination of project(s) schedules, budgets, Gant charts and other project deliverables.
- Ability to successfully advocate for and forecast proper wet/dry utility project resources (team, materials, time to completion, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in all wet and dry utility materials and fittings.
- Understands open cut construction, basic shoring methods, traffic control methods and street work via job site visits.
- Ability to build positive relationships with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and internal/external teams
- Ability to read and understand project specifications, soils reports, district and mobilization requirements.
- Can clearly communicate and draft bid revisions to clients, plus articulate change orders to interested parties (PM/GC/Project Owner/Public Utility Co.).
- Understanding of prevailing wage projects and/or phases and can manage resources accordingly.
- Proven time management and follow through skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 5+ years of experience in project cost estimating/project management with an emphasis in wet and dry utility industry projects.
- Full understanding of Civil Drawings, District/Agency Standards, Soils Reports, & Project Specifications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office as well as estimating and accounting software (examples: Microsoft Office Suite • Microsoft Projects • Excel • Word • Access • SAP • PowerPoint • OST • Bid-To-Win (B2W)• Primavera P6 • Planswift • InEight Hard Dollar • HeavyBid • AGTEK • HeavyJob • Unifier • Bluebeam )
- Ability to communicate effectively and able to provide high-level service in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s License and good driving record.