Location: Panama City, FL
Pls. apply online at: https://www.advanciatech.com/careers
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt Hourly
Employment Class: Part Time
Pay Rate: $12-$13 per hour
Advancia Technologies, LLC is seeking a qualified Laborer who will be based out of and will primarily be stationed in Panama City, Florida; may have to travel to other areas outside of Florida and who will report to the corresponding Project Superintendent or designee. The Laborer will perform tasks involving physical labor indoors and outdoors including movement of material, equipment and parts between production areas, operating hand/power tools of all types, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites and project locations. May assist other craft workers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Locates and moves materials, equipment, and parts between work areas of project location/site to expedite processing of goods, according to pre-determined schedules, needs and priorities.
- Locates and moves materials to specified production areas, using cart, hand truck or other equipment and may be needed to record quantity and type of materials distributed and on hand.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Provide assistance to staff in the field/site location.
- General manual labor to include use of hand tools and provide manual labor support for project activities and site location.
- Lubricate, clean, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Build and position forms for pouring concrete and dismantle forms after use using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances where construction work will be performed.
- Demo various Architectural finishes, such as, but not limited to carpeting, ceiling tile, drywall, etc.
- Patch, repair and install various Architectural finishes, such as, but not limited to carpeting, ceiling tile, drywall, etc.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Dig ditches/trenches, backfill excavations, and compact/level earth to grade specifications using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations according to project plans/specifications.
- Monitor job site for hazards and maintain a safe working environment.
- Possess good housekeeping skills with attention to detail on environmental hazardous to reduce personal exposure and potential spreading of hazardous contaminants.
- May escort other workers or subcontractors and ensure that safe work practices are employed at all times.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- Knowledge of construction machines and tools; includes their designs, uses, repair and maintenance, and the practical application of use.
- Valid Driver’s license, and the ability to travel to local facilities
- Ability to pass a background check
- Some positions may require U.S. Citizenship.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- OSHA 10 Training Certificate preferred
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken and written word.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
Working Conditions/Working Environment/Physical Demands:
- May be indoors or outdoors, subject to confined spaces, changes in temperature, weather conditions, and noise levels.
Physical Demands (including but not limited to):
- Frequent lifting, sitting, standing, stooping for prolonged periods of time, using hands/fingers requiring dexterity, should have good hand-eye coordination and motion control in coordination with handling tools, equipment, and other related components
- Reaching with hands and arms for items above and below sight level, talking, hearing, and seeing (up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth, color perception, and the ability to adjust focus); walking from place to place within the project location with occasional use of stairs and no elevator available; bending, pushing, pulling, and standing for up to 12 hours.
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds such as small electrical components, equipment, and other materials
Advancia Technologies, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.