City:Delray Beach, FL
Posted in: West Palm Beach Construction Work
We are an Asphalt Paving company seeking experienced Diesel Heavy Equipment Technicians to join our team!!
- Maintenance and repair of heavy equipment and fleet vehicles including, pickup trucks, semi- tractors, pavers, mills, rollers, dump trucks, wheel loaders, cranes, excavators, dozers, and other support equipment.
- Ensuring vehicle and equipment productivity remains high.
- Complete preventative and proactive maintenance including a thorough inspection of vehicles and equipment to keep the machinery working as efficiently as possible, while still adhering to a high level of safety on every task.
- Ability to diagnose equipment issues with use of code readers and
- Perform repairs to electrical and hydraulic systems. As well as engines, transmissions, tracks etc.
- Disassemble, inspect, and determine parts needed and reassembles to factory specifications.
- Interpret and utilizes information from operating, maintenance, and service manuals, as well as utilizing computer diagnostics.
- Interact with field and office personnel to answers repair-related questions as required.
MUST HAVE OWN TOOLS.
Diesel Technician Skills:
- High-level of mechanical understanding, including a diagnostic aptitude. Problem solving skills and ability to accurately fix a problem are expected or any relevant working experience.
- Computer controls knowledge.
- Advanced hydraulic systems knowledge.
- Basic welding and fabrication skills.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills with a team member mentality.
- Ability to make quick and sound decisions based on the limited information.
- Self-starter and Self-motivated attitude.
- Punctual, organized and dependable is a must.
- Must be able to accept direction and corrective feedback on the safe, proper, or preferred techniques and methods by direct supervision.
- Diesel mechanic experience
- Must have own tools
- Valid driver's license
- CDL is preferred but not a requirement
- Must pass drug screen
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Voluntary Long Term Disability