Location: Ft. Leonard, MO
Pls. apply online at: http://www.silverlake-construction.com/careers
Silver Lake Construction is seeking a qualified Laborer I who will provide support and assist other field operations personnel with construction tasks for the carpenter crew i.e. drywall framing and hanging, concrete forming, painting, etc. or for the civil crew i.e. earthwork, site utilities, concrete construction, etc. The role of Laborer I includes manual labor, errands and escorting as needed, as well as assisting other trades to the extent necessary with hands-on work.
Scope of Work:
Supports all aspects of construction tasks. Position reports to designated Foreman or Superintendent.
Must be physically fit to perform manual labor in all types of environments and conditions, including heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.). Physical requirements include standing, walking, climbing, balancing and kneeling. Must own all hand tools that are necessary to perform tasks required by the position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively with the crew to accomplish tasks;
- Maintain tools, cords and equipment so that they are kept in good working order and are safe for use;
- Maintain the work area(s) in a clean and orderly manner;
- Consistently reports for work on time and in appropriate attire;
- Escort individuals on various project sites and running errands as needed;
- Assist in creating lists of materials, supplies, specialty tools and equipment needed to perform the work;
- Make the Superintendent/Foreman aware of any material, supply or other shortages on the job;
- Participate in training and other forms of development to strengthen technical knowledge, safety and other skills.
- A minimum of zero (0) to three (3 years of directly related experience in a construction related trade;
- Must be physically fit to perform manual labor in all types of environments and conditions, including heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.;
- The ability to comprehend and follow specific instructions;
- Being dependable and possessing the ability to work with others in a team environment;
- Must own all hand tools that are required to perform any and all tasks required by the position;
- OSHA safety training and a current First Aid and CPR certificate or obtain certifications within 90 days;
- Current and valid driver’s license with clean driving record; and
- Must be able to be issued a badge to work at the project sites that have this requirement.
Silver Lake Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.