Location: Ft. Leonard, MO
Pls. apply online at: http://www.silverlake-construction.com/careers
Silver Lake Construction is seeking a qualified Carpenter who can accomplish specific carpentry related construction tasks i.e. concrete forming, framing, trim carpentry, drywall partitions construction, etc. The role of carpenter includes blueprint reading, layout, developing lists of materials, recordkeeping, and coordination with other trades as necessary.
Scope of Work:
Perform all duties associated with required carpentry work, working with other members of the construction crew to successfully complete projects within specifications and in a quality manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations. Position reports to Carpenter Foreman.
Must be physically fit to perform manual labor in all types of environments and conditions, including heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. Other physical requirements include standing, walking, climbing, balancing and kneeling.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be able to read blueprints, layout and plan the day-to-day work to perform specific carpentry related assignments;
- Perform standards of workmanship meeting projects requirements consistent with industry best-practice;
- Work with the crew to accomplish the task, including assisting with the teaching and mentoring of individuals in the crew that are less experienced;
- Maintain tools, cords and equipment in good working order and safe for use;
- Maintain work area(s) in a clean and orderly manner;
- Coordinate work with the project superintendent, carpenter foreman, subcontractors and others that are involved in the process;
- Create lists of materials, supplies, specialty tools and equipment needed to perform the work;
- Report for work on time and in appropriate attire; and
- Participate in training and other forms of development to strengthen technical knowledge, safety and supervisory skills.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of directly related experience;
- Possess a solid working knowledge of the specific work that is being done i.e. concrete formwork, drywall framing and hanging, etc.;
- Be able to read blueprints and specifications; to create material lists and to fill out timecards and other minor recordkeeping tasks;
- Interpersonal competencies must include a drive for results, the need for closure, effective oral communication skills, organizational skills, planning, trust, respect, be dependable and cooperative;
- OSHA safety training and a current First Aid and CPR certificate or obtain certification within 90 days;
- Ownership of all hand tools required to perform any the tasks contemplated. SLC provides all power tools – except battery powered screw guns and equipment;
- Must be able to be issued a badge to work at the project sites that have this requirement; and
- Current and valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
Silver Lake Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.