We are a High end Contractor working in the 5 boroughs and looking for a personable and experienced Carpenter to help bring our projects to life. Working alongside other team members and trades, you will be an integral person for successful project completion.
You must have a solid background in the field. Your skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to work with others and independently.
You will report directly to the Project manager. You will need to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Complete tasks according to priorities and plans;
- Maintain a safe and organized job site;
- Fulfill general and daily responsibilities;
- Assist in supervision and train workers and tradespeople;
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met;
- Basic maintenance of machinery and equipment;
- Loading and unloading of material and equipment;
- Report on progress to Supervisors, managers, engineers etc.
- Experienced: You have Carpentry skills and at least 4 years of experience delivering high-end residential renovations in NYC within co-op, condo, and brownstone buildings. You have worked predominantly in renovations and a have a proven track record of delivering projects tasks and within schedule.
- Well Rounded Craftsman: Performs a variety of skills at various sites including:
- Framing – Wood and Metal
- Finish Carpentry
- Flooring Installation
- Floor Refinishing
- Plastering and Taping
- General knowledge of Trades – (plumbing, HVAC and electrical, etc.)
- Problem Solver: You solve one problem after the next in the pursuit of building something great. You love the challenge of tackling difficult situations and finding solutions to meet our homeowners' needs.
- Always Learning: You seek feedback for improvement, are open to criticism, and aren't defensive. You seek best practices for continued self-improvement.
- Results driven: You balance craftsmanship with production, and you can be counted on to exceed goals.
- Preferably Mobile: You have a valid NYC driver's license (although not mandatory).
- Available: You are available and eligible to start full-time employment.
Education & Experience
- 4+ years experience in high-end home renovation in NYC with Carpentry Skills
- Proven experience as a Carpenter
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSHA guidelines
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Carpentry: 5 years (Required)