Assistant Project Manager (Construction)
Location: Ft. Leonard Wood, MO
Pls. apply online at: http://www.silverlake-construction.com/careers
Manages all aspects of project management for a small project with an approximate volume of $0-4 million or supports multiple small projects or a large project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, update and maintain a variety of project controls that track the status of: individual projects or task orders, changes to projects or task orders, RFI, shop drawings and submittal, matters involving quality controls, safety, financial performance, close-out and other aspects of the project(s) or task order(s). Analyze reports and use personal influence to create priorities that prevent delays to critical activities within the project;
- Work with subject matter experts to create, review and process shop drawings and other submittals that are required to document the construction process;
- Manage or support the change management process, by updating logs, routing source documents to vendors, obtaining pricing, developing estimates and proposals, writing change orders and other related activities;
- Manage or support the estimating process by performing quantity surveys utilizing digitizers, 3D modeling software and paper based processes that obtain and summarize scope and quantities of work;
- Establish, monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules utilizing contemporary scheduling software;
- Support the physical layout and acquire an understanding of the spatial relationships of the physical work: develop control line drawings, by using CADD to obtain additional dimensioning information, by reviewing and coordinating shop drawings and other activities that allows the various elements of work to correctly fit together;
- Negotiate and/or support the process of negotiating contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders;
- Maintain and regularly produce reports utilizing TMG and client specific workflow software such as TMG’s Project Center, USACE QCS/RMS, Prolog; etc.
- Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions;
- Assist in ensuring that all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place;
- Provide timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as accounting, HR, ICS, etc.
- Participate in manage activities that are related to project closeout to ensure timely completion;
- Assist with the evaluation of projects for constructability and value-engineer cost savings;
- Participate in life-long learning opportunities and professional development.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and industry networking functions.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or Construction Management with 2-3 years of experience with a commercial and/or industrial general contractor or 5 years of directly related experience in lieu of degree
- Current safety credentials to include OSHA 30 1, First Aid and CPR
- Current CQC certification issued by USACE / NAVFAC
- Professional credentials – either Engineer in Training (EIT), or Associate Constructor (AC) in good standings;
- US Citizenship required for most positions
- Demonstrated experience estimating and managing self-performed work activities and subcontracted work
- Basic to good understanding of construction means and methods associated with the renovation of commercial and institutional buildings and site work related thereto
- Solid understanding/proficiency with spreadsheets, email and other software used in the construction industry
(A grace period of up to six months may be allowed to obtain stated credentials).
Knowledge. Skills & Abilities:
- Must have basic working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical or electrical discipline.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to effectively use a variety of estimating, scheduling and reporting software tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, subcontractors, customers and peer group.
- Ability to travel to different jobsites within a designated geographical area.
Silver Lake Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.