Are you a self-motivated individual who thrives in a dynamic work environment? Do you want to be part of an established company with a reputation for quality work and dependability? Do you want to know that your contributions are important, valued, and appreciated? Do you want to work for a company that knows its most important resource is its people? If you are interested in joining an extraordinary team, please APPLY NOW at www.HorstGroup.com/employment/
Apply your analytical skills and lead your team of Estimators to calculate accurate pricing on competitive bid and design/build and negotiated projects.
Senior Estimator Analytical Skills Expectations:
As a crucial part of Horst Construction’s Estimating team, you’ll be expected to perform the following with the highest degree of precision and proficiency:
- Review project plans, specification and contract documents.
- Prepare estimates for each phase of the design/build process as well as for negotiated or competitive bids.
- Define scope of work for various trades to include any self-perform portions of the project.
- Contribute value engineering options.
- Review scope form various proposals and determine completeness and best price.
- Collaborate with Project Manager during pre-bid and post-bid process regarding selection of subcontractors, schedule, strategy, and buyout.
- Prepare subcontractor/supplier bid list.
Senior Estimator Managerial Skills Expectations
As team leader and lead estimator you’ll be expected to perform the following as it relates to your supporting teammates:
- Set up bid day procedures, assigning teammates to various tasks
- Communicate specific proposal needs and expectations.
- Establish deadlines and reporting procedures.
- Ensure proposal requirements are met in a timely fashion.
- Delegate responsibilities as appropriate.
- Review data for accuracy and best practices and provide feedback to teammates.
- Act as mentor and coach to advance the professional development of junior teammates.
- Two years of college or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of five years of specialized experience in Estimating
- Must demonstrate advanced proficiency in use of current estimating software (specifically Timberline) and on-screen take-off.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, specifications and contract documents.
- Must have advanced knowledge of general trades, MEP, and civil.
- Management experience preferred.
- Affordable and customizable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous 401K match and profit sharing plan
- Employer covered Short Term Disability
- Employer covered Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance Program
- Employer covered Identity Fraud Protection
- Paid holidays / Paid sick days
- Flexible work hours
- Tuition Assistance
- Referral Bonus
If you are interested in joining an established commercial construction firm with a long-standing reputation for quality work and dependability, submit your application and resume today.
Apply directly at www.HorstGroup.com/employment/
Only qualified candidates will be considered.
Horst Group is an EEO employer and maintains a drug free work place.