WE ARE PEOPLEREADY
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady, located at Wolfe City, TX is currently hiring a Mechanical Superintendent
Responsible for coordinating some activities related to a construction project on-site, completing work ahead of schedule, within budget and specifications. The duties will vary by client and project size with varying degrees of responsibility and authority and may assist with planning or directing a whole project or just part of a project.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Promote and comply with all Company and safety policies and procedures
• Must be able to perform all duties required of a foreman position
• Coordinate and delegate site activities of foreman and field personnel to achieve deadlines and production goals
• Coordinate activities of one or more sub-contractor
• May work with client in order to keep the project on schedule and under budget
• Ensure timely delivery of materials, confirm there is no damage to the materials and verify quantities
• Responsible for receipt of all deliveries
• Document all damage to materials on packing slips, or photograph if necessary
• Document any change order request from client
• Monitor paper flow ensure all documents are accounted for, filled out completely, legibly and filed or distributed to the appropriate parties
•Plan ahead and order necessary materials or equipment to maintain crew productivity
• Thorough working knowledge of specifications and how they impact the job quality and production
• Investigate and resolve contract disputes by making recommendations to upper management for final action
• Recommend best practice improvements for production, performance, quality and safety
• Understand specifications, blueprints, addendums and change orders
• Must be able to recognize any changes to work plan and track accordingly
• Perform minor job layout with levels, transit and string line
• Check quality of completed work
• Monitor productivity reports and corresponding payroll records
• Working with supervisor, handle customer complaints immediately
• Ensure that proper safety equipment is available and being used properly
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business
• Facilitate technical and safety training and send employees to appropriate training schools as needed
• Assist Human Resources by interviewing, making hiring and training recommendations, appraising work performance and addressing complaints of employees in the field
• All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working toward Wanzek's Zero Injury principles
• Supervise a minimum of one to two Foremen, Leadmen and up to 30 or more employees
• Considerable knowledge of all construction tools, machinery methods and procedures
• Must be able to forecast and monitor costs of project
• Understanding of construction methods, scheduling and blueprint reading
• Demonstrate leadership, lead by example, motivate workers and communicate with workers, subordinates, project managers and clients
• Computer experience with Microsoft office, E-mail and Internet preferred
• Ability to work well under pressure and within timelines
• Read and interpret documents like safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Write routine reports and correspondence
• Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization
• Calculate figures and amounts like discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume
• Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Three years' experience/knowledge in a supervisory role in construction
Our national teams provide expertise in flexible, industry-specific solutions for construction, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics, marine, transportation, warehousing and distribution, waste and recycling, and many other industries.
With a network of over 600 branches across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, we are experts at matching workers to the jobs in-demand, delivering exactly the workforce needed, with the right skills. Our branch system means we know exactly what worker needs and availability are at a local level.
To begin your journey, go to https://jobs.peopleready.com/jobs/PR-1196659/Mechanical-Superintendent
Connect and network online with us:
We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.