Location: Renton, Washington
Pls. apply online at: https://www.advanciatech.com/careers
Reports To: Project Manager
Employment Status: Part-Time
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Advancia Technologies, LLC is actively recruiting for a qualified Site Superintendent who will be based out of Renton, Washington and will primarily be a ‘Field Assignment Position’, with work locations across the continental U.S., and will report to the Project Manager. Directly supervises and coordinates activities of construction and/or extraction workers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities : (including but not limited to)
- Assist and coordinate with team to manage field personnel to complete tasks on time and within budget
- Supervise carpenters, equipment operators and other craft laborers on construction and environmental job sites
- Examine and inspect work progress and equipment on construction and environmental project sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met.
- Read specifications such as blueprints to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures.
- Estimate materials and worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
- Confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments, and contractors in order to resolve problems and to coordinate activities.
- Coordinate work activities with other construction and environmental project activities.
- Order or requisition materials and supplies as needed.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations and placement of structures and equipment using measuring and marking equipment.
- Record information such as personnel, production, and operational data on specified forms and reports; communicate with Project Manager.
- Assign work to employees based on material and worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, and company policies.
- Analyze worker and production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Arrange for repairs of equipment and machinery.
- Schedule and supervise subcontractor.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) equivalent
- Ten (10) years of experience supervising and directing construction crews
- Journeyman-level Carpenter or other specialty trade (e.g. Sheetmetal or HVAC)
- OSHA 30 hr. certification
- First Aid CPR
- USACE/QCM Certification highly desirable
- OSHA - 40 Hour HAZWOPER
- OSHA – 40 Hour Asbestos Training
- Trenching and Underground MSHA Training
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Communication , Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- May be indoors or outdoors, subject to confined spaces, changes in temperature, weather conditions, and noise levels.
Physical Demands (including but not limited to):
- Frequent lifting, sitting, standing, stooping for prolonged periods of time, using hands/fingers requiring dexterity, should have good hand-eye coordination and motion control in coordination with handling tools, equipment, and other related components
- Reaching with hands and arms for items above and below sight level, talking, hearing, and seeing (up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth, color perception, and the ability to adjust focus); walking from place to place within the project location with occasional use of stairs and no elevator available; bending, pushing, pulling, and standing for up to 12 hours.
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds such as small electrical components, equipment and other materials. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
Advancia Technologies, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.