Full Job Description
We are an Asphalt Company seeking a GPS Dozer and Finish Grader to join our team! This is an immediate hire position. Please see the following requirements below before applying.
Fulltime position operating a dozer to excavate, perform fine and rough grading, use GPS grading systems, sloping, load materials and clean up in a variety of heavy construction operations.
When not operating dozer, may also operate other construction equipment and perform general labor tasks as required.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently while adhering to all company and safety policy and procedure requirements. .
- Complete daily maintenance checks on equipment before use.
- Follow directions from supervisors onsite
- Operate dozer controls to regulate height and angle of dozer blade and lower scarifier to loosen packed soil to permit grading.
- Demonstrate Attention to detail on feel levers and listening skills to determine depth of cut.
- Must follow grade stakes and hand signals when driving dozer in successive passes over construction surfaces to raise and lower terrain to specified grade.
- Maneuver dozer to level soil, move rock and debris including scooping soil, rock and asphalt.
- Clean and maintain grader to ensure smooth operations when in use.
- Ensure correct gear setting is chosen for speed of working conditions.
- Demonstration and understanding of grades and interpret roadway plans and drawings
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge in the proper use of dozers and related materials and supplies used in heavy construction work.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work under general supervision according to work schedule.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Good communication skills to coordinate workflow with other crew members.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Noise level is generally loud.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Must have at least 2 years’ previous experience operating a dozer (depending upon level of operator)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) strongly preferred.
- OSHA 10 Certification is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years' experience required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift