We are an Asphalt Company seeking Heavy Equipment Operators to join our team! This is an immediate hire position. Please see the following requirements below before applying.
Full-time position operating heavy equipment related to asphalt and roadway construction as well as perform general labor tasks as required.
Hiring for the following operators;
- Skid Steer
- Dump Truck Drivers (Hauling Hot Asphalt and/or roadway construction related material
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently while adhering to all company and safety policy and procedure requirements. .
- Complete daily maintenance checks on equipment before use.
- Follow directions from supervisors onsite
- Operate wide range of power and had tools including but not limited to, drills, Chippers, jack hammers, shovels, rakes, and street saws,
- Equipment maybe diesel or gas powered
- Clean and maintain equipment to ensure smooth operations when in use.
- Work with asphalt or concrete and other roadway construction related material
- Flag traffic when necessary
- Maintain clean work are by disposing of trash and debris properly
- Report mechanical problems to a supervisor and or heavy equipment superintendent or shop manager for follow up and repair.
- Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Engage in manual labor work when needed
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge in the proper use of machine and related materials and supplies used in roadway construction work.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work under general supervision according to work schedule.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Good communication skills to coordinate workflow with other crew members.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Good Manual dexterity (Hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Noise level is generally loud.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- MUST HAVE 6 Months to 1year of experience working with Asphalt or Roadway Construction
- Must have at least 1 - 2 years’ previous experience operating heavy equipment (depending upon level of operator)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) strongly preferred.
- OSHA 10 Certification is preferred.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible
8 hour shift
Day Shift Monday to Friday or
Night Shift - Sun to Thurs (Temporary shift)
Asphalt or Earthwork: 6month to 1 year (Required)
Heavy equipment Operations: 1 to 2 years (Preferred)
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING, PLEASE SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR RESUME TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED. YOU MAY ALSO APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE.