We are a well-established paving and highway construction company that is expanding and seekinga Heavy Equipment Painter to join our team!!
Painter is expected to be qualified to successfully, efficiently, and accurately perform bonda and body work to prep surfaces for paint. Should meet or exceed quoted labor of repairs with minimal rework and overage.
The primary responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Painting of heavy equipment
- Preparing equipment to be painted
- Minor welding and fabrication work
- General repairs
- Effectively sand, bondo and repaint equipment in a timely manner
- Completing each repair/paint job in a timely, efficient, and professional manner
- Work and manage workloads independently
- Incorporate Hardrives Guiding Principles into daily activities
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Consistent, regular, and reliable attendance including being ready for work at the designated start time
· Ability to paint all engines, equipment and components required by their assigned service department successfully, efficiently, and accurately.
· Must Follow safety and OSHA Guidelines thoroughly while working onsite.
- 2 years of previous heavy equipment painting experience is preferred
- Previous body work experience is a plus
- Possess own basic hand tools
- Attention to detail
- Language Skills - Basic: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability - Intermediate: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands; Frequently will talk/hear, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; Occasionally will sit, climb or balance
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 10 pounds; Frequently will lift 11 to 25 pounds; Occasionally will lift from 26 to 100 plus pounds
- Work Environment: Regularly will work near moving mechanical parts; Frequently will be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Daily use of PPE Equipment
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Veterans are strongly urged to apply.
Honesty, loyalty, and personal attention are not abstract ideals at Hardrives, Inc., they are the core of this multi-million dollar business operation. These ideals are upheld by evaluating each job from the customer's standpoint, achieving results that are timely, cost-effective, and of the highest possible quality. Services include:
- Clearing and grubbing of land
- Excavation and site grading
- Base and sub-base preparation
- Seal coating