Location: Leesburg, VA
(Must have security clearance for work at Quantico, VA).
Please apply online at: http://www.silverlake-construction.com/careers
Silver Lake Construction, LLC is seeking a qualified Superintendent who will supervise multiple trades of subcontractors and self-performance staff on all aspects of multiple small projects or a large project from start-up to completion with an approximate volume of $3-6 million.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing the day-to-day field activities to ensure that the project milestone dates, and overall schedule completion date is met
- Creating short-interval look-ahead project schedules that make sure that upcoming events are communicated, tracked and are being proactively attended to
- Creating and maintaining a culture that values safety, health and cleanliness
- Managing and coordinating the work to ensure that it is constructed in an orderly and deliberate manner that is consistent with the standard-of-care set forth in the contract documents that is viewed by industry as an effort that is consistent with best-practice standards
- Establishing and maintaining all dimensional controls for the project to include the use of third-party survey and layout personnel when appropriate
- Verifying that all work is installed in a workmanlike manner (i.e.: plumb, level, straight, etc...)
- Manage and look-ahead no less than two weeks to proactively identifying issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions
- Obtaining all inspections and ensuring that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully documented
- Ensuring all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place
- Administering client specific programs, such as CQC, Safety, Environmental Stewardship, etc.
- Conducting and/or attending pre-construction, progress and other project and staff meetings
- Conducting and/or participating in regularly held meetings involving TMG internal staff and external stake holders such as owners, subcontractors, etc.
- Meeting with client representatives on a regular basis to discuss the status of projects, to proactively identify and resolve problems and to assure that the client is kept knowledgeable about the status of the work
- Managing self-performed activities to ensure that work is being performed within the established project budget
- Managing changes in project scope to ensure that the most contemporary contract documents are being used at all times to prevent avoidable rework
- Administering contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders and other agreement to ensure that the scope, terms and conditions are consistently and proactively being met
- Managing the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion
- Maintaining daily paperwork such as timecards, field reports, schedule updates and E-mail correspondence
- Providing timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as accounting, HR, ICS, etc.
- Directing and managing the work loads of supporting staff to include training, mentoring and follow up
- Participating in and encouraging staff to seek out life-long learning opportunities and professional development.
- AS degree in Construction Management or similar field with 4-7 years of related experience or a Journeyman status in a building trade (i.e. Carpenter) with 10 plus years of progressive responsibility supervising construction
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in the construction industry with a commercial and/or institutional general contractor engaged in general building and civil construction
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in government contracting preferred
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, Email and other software used in the construction industry
- Current safety credentials to include OSHA 30 1, 1st Aid and CPR
- Current CQC certification issued by USACE / NAVFAC 1
- US Citizenship required for most positions.
- Security Clearance is required
(A grace period of up to six months may be allowed to obtain stated credentials).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical or electrical discipline and a solid understanding of the other disciplines.
- Knowledge of construction means and methods associated with the renovation and construction of commercial and institutional buildings and site work.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, subcontractors, customers and peer group.
- Ability to travel to different jobsites within a designated geographical area.
Silver Lake Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.