We are a well established flooring company rooted in Halifax, NS. We offer our customer interior decorating products such as flooring, tiles and carpets, as well to provide designing and decorating services with excellent customer service and competitive prices. To match the needs for the growth, we are currently hiring a Layout Artist to contribute to our design service in store.
Key responsibilities will include：
- Communicate with clients to set up and advise the graphic elements, design briefs and designing layouts in line with both clients’ objectives and the company’s inventory
- Determine the message the design should portray and the most cost-effective designing solution in order to produce a fitting visual effect
- Conceptualize visuals, prepare rough drafts, present ideas, develop sketches and illustrations based on clients’ requirements by use of appropriate tools and software
- Work with the company and clients to co-ordinate and also incorporate changes as recommended into the final layouts
- Review the designing layouts and amend upon feedback, if necessary
- Schedule design projects and define budget constraints
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand for the company
- A diploma in design, fine arts or computer related fields with proven graphic designing experience of 2 years or more
- Excellent computer skills as well as familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics, creativity, originality, and details
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Kindly attach your professional portfolio that features your best designs
This position is full time 10am - 5pm, Mon-Fri. Applicant may be required to work on weekends as per work demand.
Compensation: Annual $42,000
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.