Compensation:up to $85 / hr
Posted in: Asheville Creative Jobs
Kids Tumbling/Flips Teacher:
- 4:45 pm – 5:45 pm on Fridays
- If you are looking for a part time position, we are happy for our tumbling teacher to apply for our assistant teacher position as well.
- Must have 2 or more years experience teaching kids.
- Must be incredibly attentive to safety and have extensive training on teaching kids to flip safely.
- You will teach a basic tumbling class, could be either a gymnastics or a parkour style. We are most interested in teaching kids natural skills, so whatever style you teach, please note we are not training kids for gymnastics competition. We want them to progress through a fun tumbling and flips curriculum that keeps them safe and keeps their joints healthy for the longterm!
If you’re into joining us, be sure you:
- Are experienced in compassionate, thoughtful and honest communication with other people about your needs, challenges and questions.
- Think of children as people who deserve respect but who need time and structured education to learn how to return respect.
- Are a super punctual person and organization comes easily to you.
- Are able to maintain a positive and fun class flow, while balancing the general needs of the group with the specific needs of individual children.
- Have done the work in your life to know how to be assertive on a team – finding that balance between confidence in your way and flexibility to flow with others.
- Would easily be described by others as bubbly, personable, and outgoing.
Please reach out with your resume and cover letter and we'll get back with you soon!