At Brookfield Properties, our success starts with our people. People like you.
We develop, operate, and manage more than 650 properties and 325 million square feet of real estate across the globe. It's a feat that wouldn't be possible without our team, a diverse group of creative visionaries and innovative experts who are relentless in pursuit of one goal: to ensure our buildings don't simply meet the needs of our tenants, residents, and communities — but exceed them, every day.
We know that a “one-size-fits-all” approach doesn't work when it comes to residential living. That's why, at Brookfield Properties, our portfolio features a wide range of options for any stage of life. And though our properties may be diverse, one thing is universal: all offer the unparalleled quality, service, and support our residents deserve.
If you're ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
We're searching for a talented Instructional Designer to be based at Key Tower in Downtown Cleveland, DC, or San Francisco.
At Brookfield Properties Multifamily the training organization is front in center of the employee experience and embedded directly with operations. The department is growing rapidly in anticipation of several exciting initiatives and it will need a strong versatile instructional designer to support our growing needs. We need a designer that is comfortable working with all levels of the organization that knows how to drive to a great finished product that is ready for the masses. They will create and follow a development process while being flexible with how they apply it.
Content Development (50%):
- Use an array of different media to produce materials that promote learning through self-study, practice, performance support, and socialization and knowledge-sharing.
- Work with a variety of stakeholders, source documents and vendors to create instructionally sound learning interventions.
- Create graphics, infographics, videos, animations, interactions, instructor guides, quick guides, FAQs, and Job-Aids as needed using tools such as:
- Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate
- Adobe inDesign, Photoshop, Premier Pro and Illustrator
- Ancile uPerform
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Publisher
- Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult concepts and processes using clear and simple language and visuals.
- History of sparking improvements in learning strategy and content through collaboration and prototyping.
- Develop assessment instruments to measure learner acceptance, comprehension, and application of processes and systems knowledge
Project Management (20%):
- Create and own a formal development process based on models such as ADDIE.
- Conducts stakeholder and SME interviews to determine, recommend and document project communication and training standards, learner engagement strategies and evaluation plans.
- Professionally manage and communicate with all stakeholders through the life cycle of each assigned project.
- Regularly report and document the status of each project.
- Collaborate to develop effective implementation and evaluation plans.
Instructional Design Consultation (20%):
- Provides thought leadership, keeps abreast of industry innovation in learning
- Be the internal consultant on training best practices and methodology
- Work with outside vendors to customize materials for Brookfield
- Continually evaluate solutions for quality, business impact, and scalability.
- Leverage technology to extend access and provide just in time learning.
- Pursue a deep understanding of Brookfield strategy and goals as well as audience to ensure that solutions meet the needs of stakeholders and end users.
- Demonstrated use of multiple learning methods and linking appropriate methods with learners and measurable outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to assess training effectiveness and ROI to stakeholders and leaders
Training Department Administration Support (10%):
- Assist with participant survey design and analysis.
- Gain familiarity with LMS administration with a focus on understanding functionality for the purposes of content design.
- Collaborate with peers on projects and initiatives as needed.
- Create and own learning department brand standards.
- This position requires a Bachelors Degree in Instructional Design.
- Additional degrees that are preferred for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design.
- Master's degree in Education Technology.
- 4 years of Instructional Design experience is required.
- 4 years of experience using tools such as Adobe Indesign, Captivate or Articulate is required.
- 2 years' experience working in a general office environment is required.
- 1 – 3 years of Training/Facilitation is preferred.
- Certificate in ATD Instructional Design is preferred.
- Required skills for this position include:
- General Computer Proficiency
- Presentation Building/Making
- Adult Learning Theory
- Adobe Captivate/Articulate 360
- Addie or other Instructional Model
- Preferred skills for this position include:
- Public speaking
- This position requires up to 0-5% travel.
Brookfield Properties cares about the well-being and work-life balance of our valued associates! To show how much we care, we offer awesome incentives that include:
- Full benefits package
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) with company match
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Lucrative referral bonus program
- Incredible associate rental discount if you choose to live on-site! Who wouldn't want to live at one of our beautiful properties (especially at a discounted rate)?!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace