Landscape Designer (NOC 2225)
Company name: On Center Construction
Position: Landscape Designer
Work location: Dartmouth, NS, B2W 4E7
Salary: $12-18 per hour, 30 hours per week
Term of employment: permanent, full-time
Start date: as soon as possible
At On Center Construction, we provide our customer with all kinds of renovation services, including the demolition of existing structures and rebuilds. Our existing customers include First General and Winmar.
Why we need you
Here in Nova Soctia, we see the increasing demand of real estate purchasing, Real estate construction and renovation. We also see more new immigrants coming and settling down in this beautiful province. So we have more business opportunities here. In order to provide our clients with better service, we need you to design the landscape, create a more functional and liveable space for our clients.
About the candidate
The candidate will work in a fast-paced environment covering multiple teams and clients from across the province. You will perform the following responsibilities:
1. Be responsible for planning and designing landscape projects
2. Conduct field investigation, site analysis and evaluation.
3. Propose planning concepts and develop landscape design based on client needs.
4. Prepare design documents including site plan, drawings, construction specifications, sketches, budget sheet, reports, etc. for assigned projects.
5. Be responsible for schedule management, cost control, design optimization and quality control, etc.
6. Supervise the selection of seedlings and landscaping materials.
7. Conduct periodic on-site observation, and resolve problems that arise during construction.
8. Communicate with clients effectively at all stages of the landscape project.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Fast-paced environment, work under pressure; attention to details, tight deadlines
Creative thinking, flexibility, reliability, organized
Team player, effective interpersonal skills
At least 3 years + work experience in landscape design or related field.
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp and other landscape design software.
Good knowledge of landscape material as shrubs, plants, trees, perennials etc.
Bachelor’s degree in landscape design, landscape horticulture, landscape architecture or completion of at least 3 years education program in related field.
If you are interested in the position, please send us your resume to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.)