Job Title: Motion Picture Lighting Designer
Company Name: Raw Camera Company Ltd.
Work Location: 3239 Ardingley, Burnaby, BC, V5B 4A5, Canada
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Wage: $31 per hour
Working Hour: 35 hours per week
Language of Work: English
Please contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Established over a decade, RAW offers a variety of equipments and services to support films and episodic projects from pre-production tests to post-production. RAW engages with creatives in prep during production to ensure an outstanding “START to FINISH”. We provide professional DIT service with certified Phantom Techs that artistic color correction is used for several hundred commercials for the world's strongest international brands and lensed by many of the world's most accomplished cinematographers. Also RAW has developed the world’s most dynamic hi-capability 360 array that we work closely with long-time partner Peacemaker Filmworks to create a highly tuned, stabilized motion capture system.
- Collaborate with the production team to understand each project’s requirements, preferences, and goals, and provide design solutions accordingly.
- Work with the visual effects team to identify and determine the most suitable medium to deliver high-quality 3D effects and achieve the intended visual outcome.
- Generate multiple concepts and explore different approaches to visually communicate the intended message based on initial sketches.
- Use various digital software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe CC, Illustrator, Davinci Resolve or other relevant tools to create visual elements, including illustrations, graphics, animations, sketches, motion picture content and lighting effects.
- Establish a cohesive visual language by using consistent graphical elements that reflect the project's branding or theme.
- Apply virtual production techniques using Unreal Engine to create immersive and realistic environments, enabling real-time rendering during production.
- Estimate the cost and time needed for the picture graphic design work.
- Coordinate and collaborate with professionals from different fields, including directors, editors, visual effects artists, and other members to ensure that the graphic elements align with the creative vision of the project.
- Communicate with clients about their requirements, selections and updates.
- Stay up to date with the latest design trends, software updates, new techniques and emerging technologies in the field of motion graphics and graphic design.
- Provide guidance and instructions to a team of graphic designers, illustrators and production team to understand project requirements and deliver high-quality 3D assets and visual effects.
- Oversee and coordinate subcontractors to ensure smooth collaboration with external resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Film, Animation, Post-Production, Communications, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 3 years of multimedia design experience, preferably in the motion picture industry.
- Passion for real-time 3D creation and a strong portfolio showcasing your creative ability and artistic talent.
- Proficiency in lighting and rendering techniques.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with artists, animators, and programmers.
- Background in both video game and film production is an asset.