APPLYING IS EASY!! Apply online: Fill out an online application to be considered https://www.teachersoncall.com/jobs/apply-now
Purpose: A substitute teacher is responsible for providing instruction, classroom management, and promoting student learning in the absence of the regular classroom teacher.
Organizational Relationship: The substitute works under the direction of the Building Principal or Substitute Clerk and is evaluated by classroom teachers and school principals. The substitute is responsible to report to Teachers On Call as their employer for cancellations, tardies, and feedback.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches scheduled classes. Prepares a written summary of work completed.
- Assumes all duties and responsibilities of the absent teacher
- Follows the teacher’s written lesson plans. Consults with the principal and/or staff to resolve questions and/or concerns.
- Complies with all building procedures and schedules. Promotes the proper use and care of school property
- Makes the absent teacher aware of special situations and problems encountered.
- Follows all administrative procedures.
- Implements effective pupil management procedures. Maintains high standards and upholds the student conduct code. Intervenes and/or reports concerns to an administrator.
- Develops and maintains a positive learning environment.
- Works cooperatively with staff
- Incorporates the effective use of available technology
- Upholds computer technology acceptable use policies
- Respects personal privacy. Maintains the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Take precautions to ensure/staff student safety. Does not leave students unattended.
- Supervises non-classroom duties when assigned
- Accepts personal responsibility for decisions and conduct
- Performs other specific job-related duties as directed.
- Remain flexible and willing to complete duties unrelated to original position
- May include working with students with special needs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree
- Must hold one of the following active licenses: MN Teaching License or MN Short-Call Substitute License
- Ability to follow both oral and written directions and instructions.
- Ability to communicate in both oral and written means
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to students and staff
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Must maintain confidentiality of student matters
- Must be professional in appearance, attitude and demeanor
- Ability to lift, sit, or stand for long periods of time
- Must demonstrate an appreciation of diversity
- Candidate must be able to use the Absence Management (formerly known as Aesop) online system
- Pass a criminal background check
- Review and understand the TOC Substitute Handbook
Apply online: Fill out an online application to be considered https://www.teachersoncall.com/jobs/apply-now