This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Best Friends Children’s Centre Inc.
Since 2004, Best Friends Children’s Centre Inc. has provided a loving, enriched environment to ensure that each child’s time with us is rich, stimulating and joyful!! Along with offering a various program that is suitable for children from 6 months to 12 years old, each day, our staff members spend time nurturing our children’s strengths and encouraging them to reach their full potential.
With the development of our children’s center, currently, we are looking for passionate, professional & energetic Early Childhood Educators.
Position: Early Childhood Educator
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Position available: 1
Hourly Wage: $18.50 - $19.00 (Depends on qualification and work experience) plus this position is eligible for an additional $2.00 per hour BC Government Wage Enhancement Initiative
Working Hours: 30 hours per week
Working Location: 201-19141 Ford Road, Pitt Meadows, B.C. Canada, V3Y 2P8
Benefits: 3 weeks paid vacation + Group Insurance Benefits (Extended Health Care)
- Planning and implementing learning activities that can support and promote the development of children (either working with groups of children or one-on-one depending on the learners’ needs);
- Maintaining a safe and comfortable environment (both indoor and outdoor play areas) for children’s use, including checking toys and equipment to ensure safe functioning;
- Leading children in activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, demonstrating the use of simple musical instruments, preparing craft materials and demonstrating their use and providing opportunities for creative expression;
- Along with observing and making a note of children’s development, our Early Childhood Educator communicates his / her observations to the children’s parents at regular basis;
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children;
- Providing care and supervision for children in an all-day group care program.
- Completion of a two-to four-year college program in Early Childhood Education or a Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development is required;
- BC Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Certificate is required;
- Ability to work in a team and self-motivated;
- A positive, fun-loving attitude;
- A clear criminal reference check and clear child abuse registry;
- Since Early Childhood Educator will interact with teachers and parents with English, working knowledge of English ability is required;
- Previous work experience as an Early Childhood Education worker would be a good asset, but not a mandatory requirement.
How to Apply
Please e-mail us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of ‘Best Friends Children’s Centre: Early Childhood Educator Position’. Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed and those who we believe might be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted.
Inquiries: e-mail only please.
** We welcome diversity and encourage applications from visible minorities group members, women, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
All qualified candidates with legal authorization to work in Canada are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.