Early Childhood Educator Assistant
Term: Permanent, Full Time
Work hours: 30～40 hours/week
Salary: $24.00 per hour
Benefit: extended medical after 6 months & 4% vacation pay
Work location: 1187 Eagleridge Dr., Coquitlam, BC V3E 1J8 Canada
B&D Montessori Learning Academy Ltd. is a school dedicated to providing an inspiring learning environment based on Montessori principles. We offer Montessori Daycare, AM/PM Montessori Preschool Montessori, Full Day Kindergarten and Out of School Care.
We are currently looking to hire an Early Childhood Educator Assistant responsible for the following:
· Assist Early Childhood Educators in the delivery of age-appropriate programs
· Develop lesson plans and manage student learning experiences that ensure the needs of every child and group are met.
· Maintain an environment that protects the well-being of children.
· Develop listening, comprehensive skills using approved subjects in storytelling role-playing, games, music and art activities.
· Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and washroom habits.
· Assess the abilities, interests, and needs of children and discuss progress with parents and other staff.
· Establish collaborative relationships with co-workers, management, and families.
· Attend staff meetings and professional development opportunities as necessary.
· Work to maintain cleanliness and organization of classroom materials.
· Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping
· Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary degree and AMI or AMS 3-6 Montessori training certificate
- Excellent communication skills
- Early Childhood Educator ECEA Certificate
- Three years’ experience within an early childhood environment
- Strong Knowledge and awareness of family, parenting, cultural issues, age-appropriate programming, and developmental needs of children
- A second language is considered a great asset
Please send your resume to email@example.com, only qualified candidates will be contacted.