Make a personalized difference in a child's life! We are seeking talented, reliable, experienced Tutors in ALL math and science levels including elementary, middle, and high school subjects. Upper-level math (Algebra, Pre-calculus, Calculus, Statistics) and science (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Earth Science) tutors are in especially high demand. Having experience with the ACT and SAT test prep and General Study Skills expertise is a bonus to an applicant. We help both struggling and gifted students reach their full potential by supplementing the instruction they receive in class and guiding them towards study practices and aids that can help them excel.
Our unique approach to tutoring includes the following stages.
Assess– Each student goes through a careful assessment to determine their strengths, weaknesses, and learning style for an accurate tutor-match.
Match– A tutor is hand-selected for each student based on how well they match the student’s personality and educational goals.
Tutoring– We create tailored lesson plans that incorporate the student’s current coursework while including activities to build fundamental knowledge.
Support– We provide parents with weekly progress reports so they not only stay up to date with their child’s achievements, but they can actively support them.
We take care of everything but the Tutoring and Support so you can focus on helping your students and their families change the trajectory of their lives!!
- One to two years of proven experience providing educational instruction or tutoring to children and/or young adults.
- Established proficiency in the subject matter.
- Associate degree, or at least two years of full-time college coursework. A bachelor’s degree is a plus but not required.
- Ability to work after-school hours, nights and weekends.
- Resourcefulness, patience, and creativity to find alternate ways to help your learner!
- Ability to develop a positive rapport with students and families.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Access to a computer to complete session reports and accept tutoring assignments.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Reliable transportation is a must.
- Self-starter, results-oriented, assertive, enthusiastic and energetic.
- Willing to travel locally.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Teaching Certificate or Experience.
- Experience with providing SAT/ACT and/or AP Examination Preparation.
- Experience with ADD and/or Autism, and ESL Certifications.
This is a part-time opportunity; prime tutoring hours occur between 3:00 pm and 9:00 pm Mon-Thurs, although other times and weekends are also requested. Our average tutor works 5-8 hours a week.
Tutor Doctor is the fastest growing and top-ranked in-home education company on the market. We meet students in their homes and on their schedules so all families can enjoy the educational advantages tutoring offers. Our core belief is anyone can learn.
We are looking for fresh talent to help us hit our company vision and goals for 2019 and beyond. Simply put, we hire the best. We are looking for talented individuals who have both deep expertise within their subject matter and a genuine desire to help others. If this sounds like you, then you will thrive with us!
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $26.00 /hour
- childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Middletown, NJ and the surrounding areas (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Multiple locations
- In Home
- Public Places
- On the road
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Seven days a week (Sunday to Saturday availability)