Substitute Teacher and Paraprofessional
Remember that teacher who made a difference in your life? Now it’s your turn! Substituting is a phenomenal opportunity to be a mentor and help students become the best versions of themselves. Substitutes are essential to ensuring students continue to learn and grow every day.
Teachers On Call, a Kelly Education Company is hiring both substitute teachers and paraprofessionals in the Council Bluff School District.
Become a substitute.
· Positively impact the education of students in your own community.
· Feel good about the work you do.
· Earn steady income through short- and long-term substitute positions.
· Enjoy work-life balance.
Substitute Teacher Responsibilities:
· Assume duties of the classroom teacher in accordance with school district lesson plans, school rules, and Kelly policies. This includes:
· Leading instruction in the classroom by conducting the teacher’s existing lesson plans
· Teaching students on a variety of classroom topics/courses
· Building positive relationships
· Assigning reasonable tasks and homework
· Empower students to learn, and encourage classroom participation
· Create a classroom environment that’s conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
· Adapt to the various learning styles of students
· For long-term assignments, it may be required to develop lessons plans, as well as create, administer, and grade tests and assignments
Substitute Paraprofessional Responsibilities:
· Provide classroom assistance to the district/school teacher and support to the general education or special needs students.
· Ensure adequate supervision of students and classroom environment to assure health, welfare, and safety of students.
· Assist students in transition to and from classrooms, as needed
· Understand, address, and be attuned to the needs of each student, recognizing differences in their abilities and cognitive levels
· Substitute Teacher's Aide/ Para Educator positions are required either a Para Certificate, National Career Readiness Certificate, at least 48 college credits or an associate degree.
· Substitute Teacher positions require either an IA Teaching License, Substitute License or Substitute Authorization OR associate degree (any subject) or 60+ college credits and willingness to obtain Substitute Authorization with TOC’s guidance - we'll help you through the process.
No experience in a classroom? No worries – we have pre-hire and post-hire trainings available to provide you with the necessary skills.
Perks you’ll enjoy as a substitute:
· Free ongoing professional development to keep your skills sharp
· Weekly pay
· Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees*
· Group insurance options*
· Ability to build a work schedule that works for you
· Ability to select preferred school locations
· Offered and administered by Enroll VB. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly.
· Apply directly on our website to get started right away: https://www.teachersoncall.com/talent/apply-now.
· If you meet the minimum requirements, we will contact you within 2 business days for a phone interview. This is an opportunity for you to also get questions answered and learn more about the position.
· If you know someone who would make a phenomenal substitute, share this job. We are always looking for more role models!
· We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Our commitment to you:
Teachers On Call, a Kelly® Education company, is committed to our substitute employees working in safe environments. Kelly Education operates under the collective guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state officials, and school district administration, and we ensure our employees are adequately protected by school district policies and procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer.