Nuts About Science is looking for a certified teacher to teach our Science enrichment classes 3-4 days a week at various Elementary schools in Ann Arbor, Northville and Livonia, MI. This is perfect for teachers who do not want to teach full time, but still want to teach in a part time setting.
INSTRUCTOR JOB SUMMARY:
The "teacher scientist" will be responsible for teaching our hands-on science program to children in Elementary schools in Ann Arbor, Northville, Livonia and the surrounding area. Teachers interact directly with elementary school employees, parents and children while representing Nuts About Science in a positive and professional manner. Hours are 3:00-5:30 pm, 3-4 days a week. Must be willing to be an Independant Contractor.
• Bachelor's Degree in Education or Science
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Strong time management skills
• Valid driver's license, proof of auto insurance and own means of reliable transportation required
• Enthusiastic, energetic, motivated, child friendly, self-motivated, dependable and flexible.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Deliver and facilitate hands-on Science programs to elementary-aged children in a safe and fun manner in Ann Arbor, Northville, Livonia and surrounding area.
• Implement sound classroom management techniques during program facilitation.
• Attend training sessions, review, study and learn program dialogue prior to program delivery.
• Ability to transport a 20-30 pound supply cart in and out of your vehicle.
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals, calmly and efficiently deal with situations ranging from routine to emergency.
• Ability to operate standard office and classroom equipment including but not limited to projector, personal computer, cell phone, copier, elementary scientific equipment, etc.
• Willingness to become an Independent Contractor and form an LLC.
Interested candidates email me your resume with references.