Job Title : Ark of Learning Aide
Supervisor/Department Head : Corps Officer
Pay: $10 an hour, 19 hours a week. Schedule coincides with after school hours.
Job Summary : Working with elementary students at C.G. Johnson Elementary School in Reynoldsville. Oversee the direct supervision, and academic aid to pupils who are enrolled in the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to the students for homework, answering questions and checking in with their teachers on a daily basis (taking turns with the Coordinator.) Be sure they are organized in having all their work. If the student is struggling with a subject, ask the teacher if there is any extra material to practice with the child to get them to improve their grade.
- Overseeing the Mentoring Program on Tuesdays. Making sure they are doing their best in being a good role model.
- Setting out supplies for these students.
- Getting the snacks set on the table, cleaning the table and sweeping after snack time. Cleaning up after each program is ended.
- Giving directions to children and mentors, guidance and support providing them a positive and structured environment. Assisting in all activities planned by the coordinator. Some activities include: crafts, game day, games in the gym, computer lab, and Learning for Life lessons, story time, etc. Always being supportive and encouraging to the risk of children.
- Assist office in planning and implementation of the program.
- Attend school meeting relevant to the Ark Program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to plan and organize
- Ability to discipline and correct children properly
- Must be reliable
- Must be able to teach
- All three PA Clearances required upon employment and thereafter upon renewal date: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Request for Criminal Record, and Fingerprint based federal criminal history.
- PA Mandated and Permissive Reporting and The Salvation Army’s KeepSAfe training required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Attends School workshops as offered
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent