The VIPKID Teach English Online opportunity:
Looking for a flexible, professional online teaching opportunity? VIPKID is the world leader in online English education for kids 12 and under.
Rediscover the joy of teaching with VIPKID's platform and curriculum. No commute, no grading, no lesson planning required! Instruct kids in your spare time during early mornings or evenings.
Teaching just 60 minutes part-time per day earns you between $420-650 a month. It's as easy as making a Skype call, with interactive and fun curriculum and lesson plans made for your use.
- Ranked #5 by Forbes on its 2017 "Top 100 Remote Work" companies
-We’re proud to have been named Forbes’ #1 Work From Home company and Fast Company’s #29 Most Innovative Company in 2018!
- The most active online English teaching community in the world
- Top-ranked online teaching company on Indeed and Glassdoor with 4-star rating and 86% CEO approval
- Backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent Holdings (currently valued at $1.5 billion)
Please search for VIPKID on YouTube, Facebook, and Glassdoor to see the rave reviews from the 20,000+ North Americans that teach for us.
Requirements and Qualifications to become an Online English Teacher/Online ESL Teacher:
- BA degree or higher
- Experience with any kind of teaching (1+ years)*
- Eligible to legally work in the U.S. or Canada
- Desire to engage and inspire young learners
*Note on Teaching Experience: This can include educators, professors, tutors, teaching assistants, elementary teachers, traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education.
While helpful, there's no requirement for teaching certificate, state certification, TESOL, TEFL, or ESL experience. All classes and business are conducted in English.
Other experience you may have that are not requirements, but are preferred:
- Online English Education / Educator / Online English Teaching / Online Instructor
- Home-Based Online English Teacher / Online English Tutor / Online English Tutoring
- Online English Teacher Assistant / Online English Elementary Teacher
- Summer Teacher / Casual Teacher / Assistant Teacher / Teaching Assistant
- Elementary School Teacher / High School Teacher
- Substitute Teacher / Teacher Assistant / Lead Teacher
The Basics of the Online English Teacher Role:
- The classes: 25-minute full immersion English language, 1-on-1 classes
- The pay: Depends on your experience, but as reported on Indeed, averages around $9.5 per 25-minutes class, i.e.$19/hour. Range is $14-$22 depending on the results of your interview/experience.
- The curriculum: U.S. Common Core aligned lesson material, designed by our in-house curriculum team
- Time of day: You choose your schedule from available class slots; peak student demand hours are listed below
- Location: Conveniently teach remote from your own home - no commute!
- What you need: You only need is computer, a strong internet connection, and a headset
- Benefits: Learn best online teaching experiences from our professional team at no cost
- The culture: You will learn about Chinese culture, families, and lifestyle through classroom exchanges with our students
Contract type: Independent contractor
Start date: Immediately
Peak times: The following hours tend to be the most requested time periods to teach from our families:
- Monday-Sunday 6-10am EST
- Saturday-Sunday 9pm-10am EST
HOW TO APPLY
Please email us your resume and apply through our Teacher Recruitment Portal: https://t.vipkid.com.cn/activity/popup?refereeId=20160088&refersourceid=a01
Teaching Reviews about us on Glassdoor:https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-VIPKID-EI_IE1105111.11,17.htm