Oxford Study Courses is an educational company which runs International Baccalaureate preparation and revision courses throughout the world. We are recruiting a Course Staff Team for our 2019 summer courses at Harvard and MIT. We need versatile, enthusiastic and organized individuals who enjoy working as part of a team, can use their initiative, and have a good sense of humor.
Course Deans provide support, information and advice to students and teachers from their point of arrival to their departure, on a range of administrative, logistical and pastoral issues. Each Course Dean also takes on a specific area of responsibility such as student welfare or office management
We need an Activity Leader within our Course Dean team. They will have particular responsibility for running our informal afternoon sports sessions: soccer, volleyball, frisbee, flag football etc. We need a positive and energetic person who can be proactive and work independently to organise and promote activities to students, an individual who has a genuine interest in engaging and motivating groups of young people.
For the role of Activity Leader the following skills are essential:
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritise
• Initiative in managing people and challenges
• An interest in sports and experience in running sports events
We are looking for people who:
• Thrive as part of a team and work cooperatively
• Are enthusiastic, positive and enjoy a challenge
• Enjoy working with young people
• Are responsible, well-organised, versatile and proactive
• Remain calm and level headed in times of pressure
• Are 22 years of age or above, unless you have extensive experience in this field
The following experience is valuable although not essential:
• Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate (IB)
• Working in educational environments or teaching
• Managing events
These roles involve working very long hours and are demanding of time and energy. Shifts can be long; typically 8-10 hours, but up to 12 hours on registration days.
Training, accommodation and all meals are provided.
Course Dates: Friday 21st June – Saturday 20th July 2019
A paid training period is included in these dates.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the job description and application form.
Application Deadline: Thursday 28th February 2019 but early applications welcomed.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will follow shortly after the deadline.