Best Friends Children’s Centre Inc.
Since 2004, Best Friends Children’s Centre Inc. has provided a loving, enriched environment to ensure that each child’s time with us is rich, stimulating and joyful!! Along with offering a various program that is suitable for children from 6 months to 12 years old, each day, our staff members spend time nurturing our children’s strengths and encouraging them to reach their full potential.
With the development of our children’s center, currently, we are looking for passionate, professional & energetic Early Childhood Educator Assistant.
Position: Early Childhood Educator Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Position available: 2
Hourly Wage: $20.00 - $21.00 (Depends on qualification and work experience)
Working Hours: 30 hours per week
Working Location: 201-19141 Ford Road, Pitt Meadows, B.C. Canada, V3Y 2P8
Benefits: 2 weeks paid vacation + 5 paid sick days per year + Group Insurance Benefits (Extended Health Care)
- Assist and support Early Childhood Educators in learning activities that can support and promote the development of children (either working with groups of children or one-on-one depending on the learners’ needs);
- Maintain a safe, clean and neat environment (both indoor and outdoor play areas) for children’s use including checking toys and equipment to ensure safe functioning and assist in housekeeping duties;
- Support children to participate in activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, demonstrating the use simple musical instruments, preparing craft materials and demonstrating their use and providing opportunities for creative expression;
- Create written reports based on the observation of each child and report to Early Childhood Educator;
- Organize rooms, equipment, materials and furniture prior to activities including nap, snack and lunch time;
- Attends to the children’s needs including dressing, eating, diapering, toileting and sleeping;
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children.
- Completion of secondary school is required;
- 7 months to less than 1 year experience in childcare is required;
- Completion of an Early Childhood Education Assistant certificate program or post-secondary courses in Early Childhood Education may be required;
- BC Early Childhood Educator Assistant (ECEA) certificate is required;
- Ability to work in a team and self-motivated;
- A positive, fun-loving attitude;
- Since Early Childhood Educator Assistant will deal with teachers and parents with English, working knowledge of English ability is required.
How to Apply
Please e-mail us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line of ‘Best Friends Children’s Centre: Early Childhood Educator Assistant Position’. Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed and those who we believe might be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted.
Inquiries: e-mail only please.
** We welcome diversity and encourage applications from visible minorities group members, women, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
All qualified candidates with legal authorization to work in Canada are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.