APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED ONLINE ONLY AT www.ffc8.org / Employment
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Associates Degree or 48 semester hours or ACT certified - (Required)
3. Obtain First Aid/CPR training.
4. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
5. Ability and willingness to take directions.
6. Ability and willingness to meet the needs of students.
7. Excellent references including attendance and punctuality.
To provide support in the educational services for special needs students.
Essential Job Functions:
1. To assist in the overall programming for special needs students under the direction of assigned personnel.
2. Instructional support for academic tasks.
3. Redirection of student behavior.
4. Monitoring of students during structured and unstructured times.
5. Assistance with life skill activities, i.e. dressing, eating, and toileting.
6. Related service activities such as motor skill development and language activities.
7. Medical procedures as indicated on health care plans.
1. Foster a relationship with students based upon warmth, concern, mutual respect, and shared excitement in learning.
Tools and Equipment:
Wheelchairs, bus lifts, office equipment, audio-visual equipment, occupational/physical therapy equipment, medical equipment. All tools and equipment may not be listed.
Critical and Affective Needs Paraeducators are a Grade 4 on the Classified Salary Schedule.
- FFC8 allows new hires to bring in up to 8 years of previous experience in similar school type settings.
- Please understand that new hires tend to start out at the lower end of the salary range.
185 days per year - 7 Hour Work Day
Walt Fortman Center - working with FFCHS students