James Child Development Center is seeking a nurturing, energetic, flexible, and reliable assistant teacher. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working with children and as a part of team, loves laughter, and is a dedicated to creating a positive learning environment for every student. If you have previous experience working with children, we encourage you to apply!
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interacting with children with conversation, singing, reading, and play.
- Helping children get dressed and changing diapers when needed.
- Communicating with parents through conversation, reports, notes, and conferences.
- Cleaning the classrooms and playground.
- Helping plan and update artwork displays.
- Discounted tuition
- We provide transportation to and from all schools located in Prince George and Hopewell.
- Free mentorship and training through our partners at Virginia Quality and Virginia Infant & Toddler Specialist Network
- Free Meals
- 18 years old
- High School Diploma (or GED)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $7.25 to $7.75 /hour