Intercept Youth Services is now hiring several part time positions at our Harrisonburg Independent Living program for youth 17-21 years old: Evening Support Counselor (5pm-1am), Overnight Support Counselor (1am-9am), and Day Support Counselor (daytime hours)- all positions are 29 hours or less a week.
These positions serve as positive role models for residents to observe and learn socially effective values, attitudes and behaviors. They contribute to the formulation and implementation of the resident transitional living plan and assist with life skills learning, transportation, and administrative duties.
1. Use good interpersonal communication skills to gain resident cooperation and resolve resident conflicts. Interact with all residents while maintaining appropriate relationships which do not allow self-disclosure of personal or social information to residents. Exercise fair, firm and consistent use of behavioral system.
2. Provide transportation, accompany, and directly supervise residents on outings, activities and appointments in the community.
3. Guide residents in personal hygiene techniques and the proper care of their condominiums. Assist residents in meal preparation steps. Guide and instruct residents in proper housekeeping and laundry procedures; review completion of weekly chores.
4. Supervise the administration of medications as appropriate.
5. Check each condominium to ensure residents are in by curfew, working, or on an approved pass. Document all incidences in communication log and contact the Life Skills Coach or Program Supervisor. Record accurate and complete information in the resident chart pertaining to: resident behavior, critical incidents, AWOLs, restrictions, unusual sleep patterns, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in a human services field (Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Counseling, Special Education, etc)
- OR a high school diploma and at least one year of experience working with children/youth.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please apply online at www.interceptyouth.com/careers, or email your resume directly to Susan Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free, smoke-free work environment.