Ballington Academy is a public charter school educating students from Transitional Kindergarten to grade six. We offer an innovative Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) curriculum for all grades using a hands-on project-based learning approach, teaching real-world, 21st century skills. We are seeking caring individuals who have a passion for empowering children and families with the tools to live a better quality of life. For more information, visit http://www.ballingtonacademy.org/about.html.
We are looking for a Physical Education Teacher to join our staff. Are you passionate about helping all students reach their potential? Do you love working in a bright, active, positive environment? Are you interested in joining an organization devoted to helping all children succeed? If so, we want to hear from you. We take our commitment to our students seriously, so we expect you to do the same. The ideal candidate must be highly organized, creative, detail-oriented, adaptable, patient, caring, and a great communicator. This part-time position is in El Centro, CA.
The Physical Education Specialist works in partnership with parents to endure the highest level of educational achievement for each child. The Specialist will help Transitional Kindergarten through 6th grade students develop physical abilities and healthy habits, encourage and motivate children to be active, and help discover and develop talents of students in physical achievement.
The ideal candidate will help students grow in strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each student’s ability.
- Teaches courses and creates syllabi aligned to grade level curriculum, Common Core State Standards and 21st Century Interdisciplinary Themes and Skills.
- Participates in curriculum development programs within the schools and/or on a district level.
- Performs student diagnostics for appropriate learning goals.
- Performs instructional planning in meeting children's individual needs and abilities that include acceleration, remediation or intervention.
- Creates and implements instructional design in meeting various modalities of learning (visual, kinesthetic, auditory, tactile). This includes structuring the learning environment to enable each child to experience success or, if this seems difficult to achieve, initiates steps with the support of the home to move the child to learning environment more appropriate to his learning style and ability.
- Cooperates with other professionals and parents in assessing and helping children solve health, attitude and learning concerns.
- Cooperatively establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve the functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Conducts assessments of student performance and learning objectives that include academic and social growth, making appropriate modifications and adjustments throughout the year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a Single Subject Teaching Credential.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in related field and including all courses needed to meet credential requirement.
- Must possess a valid California teaching credential (Multiple Subject Teaching or equivalent, CLAD, BCLAD a plus.) Consideration will be given to Single Subjects Credentials in areas related to Arts, Music, Agriculture and Sciences.
- Experience in elementary schools as teacher or student teacher preferred. Elementary Charter schools experience preferred.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of project-based instruction, differentiated instruction, and convergence thinking.
- Must have knowledge of curriculum, California standards, and effective teaching practices. Must have competency in human relations and oral and written communication.
- Must have knowledge and expertise with students with special needs.
- Must have the ability to work well with people: broad grasp of educational planning and curriculum.
- Demonstrates genuine concern for students and passion for quality education.
- Must have valid driver's license and must meet insurance guidelines established by the Corporation.
- Must be First Aid certified.
- Must have the ability to obtain a TB test and health screening and meet all pre-hiring requirements contract specifications.
Applications are only accepted online. This employer participates in e-Verify.