Ballington Academy is a public charter school educating students from Transitional Kindergarten to grade six. We offer an innovative Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) curriculum for all grades using a hands-on project-based learning approach, teaching real-world, 21st century skills. We are seeking caring individuals who have a passion for empowering children and families with the tools to live a better quality of life. For more information, visit http://www.ballingtonacademy.org/about.html.
We are looking for an Art Teacher to join our staff. Are you passionate about helping all students reach their potential? Do you love working in a bright, active, positive environment? Are you interested in joining an organization devoted to helping all children succeed? If so, we want to hear from you. We take our commitment to our students seriously, so we expect you to do the same. The ideal candidate must be highly organized, creative, detail-oriented, adaptable, patient, caring, and a great communicator. This part-time position is in El Centro, CA.
The Art Teacher, in partnership with the Principal, provides hands-on instruction in the areas of Art and Art History to students in Transitional Kindergarten through 6th grade. The Art Teacher will teach students in the setting of the art studio. Instruction will be based and aligned to the district’s adopted core curriculum, California State Standards for Transitional Kindergarten through 6th grade students.
- Teaches courses and creates syllabi aligned to grade level curriculum, Common Core State Standards and 21st Century Interdisciplinary Themes and Skills.
- Participates in curriculum development programs within the schools and/or on a district level.
- Performs student diagnostics for appropriate learning goals.
- Performs instructional planning in meeting children's individual needs and abilities that include acceleration, remediation or intervention.
- Creates and implements instructional design in meeting various modalities of learning (visual, kinesthetic, auditory, tactile). This includes structuring the learning environment to enable each child to experience success or, if this seems difficult to achieve, initiates steps with the support of the home to move the child to learning environment more appropriate to his learning style and ability.
- Cooperates with other professionals and parents in assessing and helping children solve health, attitude and learning concerns.
- Cooperatively establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve the functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Conducts assessments of student performance and learning objectives that include academic and social growth, making appropriate modifications and adjustments throughout the year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid Art Single Subject Teaching Credential.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Must have at least 1-3 years of teaching experience, and specific experience in the delivery of instruction related to Art.
- Must be competent in the use of multiple computer software packages and Office applications including, but not limited to: Word, Outlook, PPT, Excel, manage data through virtual networks, internet applications, databases and web page publishing tools.
- Must have knowledge of and competence in California State Standards, 21st century interdisciplinary themes and skills, and instructional technology applications and use for integration of teaching and learning.
- Must have the ability to successfully pass fingerprints and criminal investigation screening.
- Must have valid driver's license and must meet insurance guidelines established by the Corporation.
- Must be First Aid certified.
- Must have the ability to obtain a TB test and health screening and meet all pre-hiring requirements contract specifications.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. regularly, occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- May stand for 4 hours at a time, some squatting may be able necessary to pick up items.
Applications are only accepted online. This employer participates in e-Verify.