Junior Financial Analyst
Location: Washington DC Metro area
Pls. apply online at: https://www.advanciatech.com/careers
Availability : Immediately
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Compensation: Salary, Benefits, and Bonuses
Advancia Technologies (AT), LLC, is a growing small business and looking for the ideal person to join our team of consulting professionals as a Junior Financial Analyst. AT is currently partnered with the Center for Human Capital Innovation (CHCI) on a contract that supports the Department of the Navy. As AT/CHCI’s clients face changing conditions, increasing mission requirements, and resource constraints, they are looking for innovative solutions that drive successful outcomes and support their most important asset – their people. AT/CHCI is engaging with clients to prepare for and address these challenges while enhancing operational results. AT/CHCI requires talented and experienced people to support this effort.
The Junior Financial Analyst is a pivotal position on the AT/CHCI team. Initially, they will join a project team that is supporting the transformation of human capital systems for a government client. One aspect of the position is to recommend financial and budgetary solutions that supply data, oversight, and analysis for improved efficiency, effectiveness, and overall performance. In the long term, this position will contribute to a full range of project activities that supply products and services to both commercial and government clients in a dynamic environment.
The Junior Financial Analyst will support the Financial Analyst, as well as clients in implementing and executing a programmatic funding model and resource decision process. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support managing tasks or subtasks requiring financial management expertise.
- Support drafting policies, processes, standards, and strategies for the client that align programs and activities to goals and objectives and guide data-driven decision making.
- Using a wide application of principles, theories, concepts, tools, and techniques to support responsive, in-depth, and accurate analysis of financial, budget execution, and general management issues.
- Applying learned knowledge to gather data, analyze data, and develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Support reviewing, analysis, and evaluation of financial data and federal budget documents.
- Effectively communicating results of work and recommendations with the project team and the client, as needed.
Aptitudes / Education / Experience .
The Junior Financial Analyst must have proven the following types of aptitudes, education, and work experiences:
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline from an accredited university; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Proven knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and reporting financial data.
- Demonstrated ability to examine, analyze, and interpret financial data, records, and reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal government budgeting process.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite, with expertise in Excel to include the ability to develop formulas, charts, and spreadsheets that clearly present data to facilitate decision-making by management.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to spot trends and ensure accuracy.
- Self-motivated to work productively and independently.
Security Clearance :
- Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain Secret eligibility .
- Security Clearance is desirable.
- Local travel within DC Metro area will be needed regularly.
- Domestic travel may be needed.
If interested or want more information, please contact :
Dr. Jeffrey Weaver
Advancia Technologies, LLC
44 Canal Center Plaza, Suite G-1
Alexandria, VA 22314
Advancia Technologies, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.